Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ADD MR rank- for lairs [to prevent noobs from joining]

AusarViled

Rookie
I am sick of it, and i know most of the hard core players are sick of these noobs. They come in, whipe 5-6x times a raid. Then leave. They loose gems.

(1) add a mode called no revive mode- i sick of being lied to- OHH i wont revive, bamm they revive. Screw this noobs. I have had 8 raids ruined today alone from this bozos. I have spent more then 20K doing this raid, i am ALWAYS THE FIRST ACROSS

I got across the 10 rooms on average, 7-8 MINS before they get there. This is ridiculous. I want my 20K pansuns back.

@TMTrainer, @Devs you have to fix this asap

(2): do not allow players join until they have cleared all DOJOS. Give each dojo a key, you need all 5 to do lair. If you cant beat dojo, you have no place in lair or wasting peoples time

Gami

Apprentice
I am sick of it, and i know most of the hard core players are sick of these noobs. They come in, whipe 5-6x times a raid. Then leave. They loose gems.

(1) add a mode called no revive mode- i sick of being lied to- OHH i wont revive, bamm they revive. Screw this noobs. I have had 8 raids ruined today alone from this bozos. I have spent more then 20K doing this raid, i am ALWAYS THE FIRST ACROSS

I got across the 10 rooms on average, 7-8 MINS before they get there. This is ridiculous. I want my 20K pansuns back.

@TMTrainer, @Devs you have to fix this asap

(2): do not allow players join until they have cleared all DOJOS. Give each dojo a key, you need all 5 to do lair. If you cant beat dojo, you have no place in lair or wasting peoples time
You literally already cant access lairs if you havent completed all current dojos cause you need both the skates and wall-climbing

Alto

Rookie
On a serious note - some routes end up taking longer due to the tems you end up with at the end. Can't do too much about that. If you have an issue playing in public groups, make some friends and run with them, instead of putting down people for being new.

Big Chimp

Rookie
man fuk all these NOOBIES who ruin my lair rnus.

i had this guy namd YaW (stupid FUCKIN name by the way) join my party 1 time and he said "o ya i wont revive" and then the stupid FAT NOOB FUCK had me at -10 gems b4 i could even beat one battel!11 as a 1100 tmr player )top 50% btw) and skilled vewry player, i want all these fuckken fat NOOBY NOOB FUCKERS to be BNANNED liek the NOOBS that they r. FUK NOBS AND FUK CREMA FOR STAELING MY PANSUNS

TMTrainer

Game Moderator
Staff member
Ahh, this kind of content takes me back. It takes me back all the way back to a plethora of discussion featured in other MMOs. Mainly, MMOs without a matchmaking systems or those that have content that can not be reasonably completed without a smudge of coordination... and I can think of an exceptionally large plethora of content in currently popular MMOs that not only has encouraged group coordination, but hard requires it.

Now, I know what you're already thinking, "based on his opening line he's going to say he dislikes the idea of the thread".

Yes. Also please don't ping me or other developers on Discord and the forums for suggestions.

If you don't like random groups, have you considered making a static group of people you trust to run with? Surely you've encountered some people in game you know are good at lairs at this point.

This game is a massively multiplayer online game. You can argue this all you want, but the point stands. I've seen clubs practically skip ahead weeks worth of grindy content (breeding and TV training and leveling - looking at you PvP clubs) in an extremely coordinated, efficient, and downright startling way. Even the club I'm in, Alpha, has small but coordinated groups of people running through stuff like breeding or lairs rather efficiently. While running with Streamers and my club, which by the way, the players in my club are mostly not, like, diehard PvP or PvMers or anything, I've maintained an extremely high clear rate with them. I think I lost one time to RNG out of the 10ish runs I've done with only rarely the group failing... those circumstances were new player runs. Consider joining a club or making some in game friends to run the lair with.

It's group content, you're only as strong as your weakest link. imo not only is this suggestion unfair to players who are learning the game and are coming into this content for the first time, you have to keep in mind people are still clearing Cipanku and unlocking lairs for the first time to this day... it's brand new content. When new players come in with another update, will we maintain the same elitist mentality to those fresh players? These are the sort of systems that would drive new or learning or inexperienced players away, not keep them playing and enjoying the content.
I bet most people doing lairs have completed all dojos... because you get your skates back only just before (I forget lol, it's pretty close?) Cipanku's dojo and there is literally no in game hint towards lairs iirc and requires reexploring the volcano... so unless the player was spoiled they're probably not revisiting arguably one of the most remote parts of Temtem's map earlier that after completing the current content.
Have you considered slowing down, maybe DMing people to help them, not buying as much items, coordinating purchases, buying more lair wide bonuses to help them, ect ect? Idk, this tells me nothing.

Also I deleted your poll because it's toxic lol.

Last edited:

dhamocles

Rookie
i cant imagine how stressful it is for random pubs to actually try and get lairs done, must have like an overall 15% success rate or something, definitely understand this kind gentlemens frustration

Cheware

Tamer
This post is sponsored by the Elite People Who Are Better Than Anyone And Who Have No Time Spending With You If You Don't Match Their Insane Skill Level

Do not hesitate to join a Clan with people matching your e-l33t skills and do Lairs with them, if only you can find such skilled people. You totally deserve them.

Anyway, I think "no revive mode" sounds kinda stupid. Reviving and winning at least 2 battles afterward is still better than outright leaving, as far as I know, right ?
No comment on the second point as it's not far from already being a requirement. Unless you wanted to say "Dojo Rematches" ? Which would be a stupid prerequisite for lairs.

Alto

Rookie
TBF - on a different note, I think the idea of a no revive/no item shop mode could potentially be pretty fun! Just as a "hard mode" of sorts. I find that it's pretty hard to lose with well managed items as it stands, even if you're otherwise playing suboptimally.

dhamocles

Rookie
(i also saw a suggestion earlier that i really like)

Reach 25 total gems for a guaranteed hack drop! this way removes rng and incentivizes more careful planning and skill

AusarViled

Rookie
Hey tm thanks for replying, i have some counter arguments for what you saying.

(1): clans do not work for players like me, i have played MMOs for 10 years LOL, and not in a single game have i joined a club. I prefer to be a single man army. Forcing players to go co-ap or be at mercy of rng is never good game design.

Go watch game makers tool kit, or Josh Straff Hayes. He explains it why.

(2): I do not think most players appreciate communism. There is no such thing, irl or in games. You mess it up, you are punished. Its simple.

(3) I was referring to rematches- each one you beat gives you one key. You need 5. If your not skilled enough to beat the rematches, your not skilled enough for lair- which is way harder then the rematches. It ensures you require some level of knowledge of strategy.

(4) I never buy items in general, i usually split the resources among players- towards myself, rarely this happens. As such, i know as vengeance will steal resources from other people who wipe. If you wont get rid of them, i will make them struggle so that they dont want to join again.

- regarind Dhamocles. May be a good idea. I only hit 25 gems once in a raid. no way even organized teams can hit it without 100% perfect rng

Causation

Rookie
Have you considered... educating people? Plenty of people have made snarky comments about the awful attitude on display here, so I'm not going to join them.

I will say pinging devs and insulting other players is the exact opposite of how to get changes made to a game. Good luck getting what you want behaving like a fool.

If lower skilled players or lack of game knowledge is a problem, maybe help those players instead of insulting them? If you're so confident in your ability to consistently clear the raid, how about you do some constructive with that attitude of yours and write some helpful information for less experience people to follow?

Last I checked, if there are guides for difficult content in games, people struggling with them read the guides.

Rigaudon

Apprentice
(1): clans do not work for players like me, i have played MMOs for 10 years LOL, and not in a single game have i joined a club. I prefer to be a single man army. Forcing players to go co-ap or be at mercy of rng is never good game design.

You are playing an MMO. A group-oriented, social experience in a video game. Going solo in an MMO is a thing, but it underlies the entire point of the genre. The games in this genre are going to focus on social experiences, they are designed around giving people the social experience. Final Fantasy Online, World of Warcraft, whatever - each have endgame routes that require social cooperation. Designing game mechanics based around the genre the game was built for isn't "bad game design". It should be expected.

(2): I do not think most players appreciate communism. There is no such thing, irl or in games. You mess it up, you are punished. Its simple.

Isn't this hyperbolic?

I'm normally more diplomatic, and I do think temtem's raids have some rough parts about them, but I gotta be honest. Yes, starting from scratch with no established social group sucks. But you can fix the problem you're having by giving a little outreach to people who are nice and have experience, and making sure to keep in contact with them. You have to do that bare minimum or you will keep having this problem.

Last edited:

Scyonite

Apprentice
I don't see any real, tangible reasoning as to why the changes OP proposes will be beneficial to the game and the community in general. It's just parrotting "I (want to) play the game like this so it should be like this". That's just not sufficient. I play most games the same way OP does. I like to play by myself, with my own capabilities and achieving results with all effort done by me. The important thing is to realize that when you play an MMO you're gonna walk into walls that require a certain level of the social aspect. MMOs are made that way. If you like the mechanics of an MMO enough to play it, but you're hell bent on playing it solo, you're going to have to be willing to make compromises in terms of wishes and expectations. I push the leaderboards of Diablo 3 with 1200 paragon early in the season because I can't compete with people playing the 4-man experience meta over the season. I adapt my behaviour according to how I play the game.

World of Warcraft has got a long history of catering to a playerbase that wants the game's systems to be less socially cumbersome and as a result the identity of it in the MMO sense has slowly been ebbing away, now to a point where one could argue it's not even a real MMO anymore; end game content like raids, battlegrounds and dungeons (in their simplest sense) can now be completed without uttering a single word to another player. That's nice if you want a short night of easy content with quick service, but unfortunately it's a double-edged sword.

Also:
You need 5. If your not skilled enough to beat the rematches, your not skilled enough for lair- which is way harder then the rematches.
Man, why can these n00bs not do grammar right. Evury tim they speek it get's harder and harder to understand what dese ppl are trying to say. They make me read a sentence 3 times over before I really understand it. I want my time back. @AusarViled pls learn gramar thanks dude.

Can we just force a rule taht states; "donat post on forums if you cant grammer". Senks.

AusarViled

Rookie
you can disagree with me all you want- does not make my point wrong. There are others who agree with me.

Scyonite

Apprentice
There's a whole flat Earth society that agrees with itself. That doesn't mean they're right.