Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Feedback] Regarding Radar Changes in 1.0

Tarina

Rookie
Alright, so. Pretty much all of the radar changes are a resounding "yes" from me. Great job on these changes, it'll make radar QoL much, MUCH better. However, one point stood out to me, and it's something I feel needs to be addressed: Radars breaking immediately. This, by itself, is not a bad thing.

However.... I am looking at this from the perspective of a new player, and I feel the need to point out that the tutorial for this feature should be displayed much more prominently. Many players will almost certainly select "hide tutorials" in the options early on- this is a common trend when people just want to play the game and not be bombarded with too much information at once- but most will then forget they even exist and leave tutorials disabled for the rest of their playtime. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say.

If radars are going to break immediately moving forward, that leaves no room for a player to experiment/learn how it works ingame. I would suggest that an NPC (the radar shopkeeper, perhaps?) explains upfront that radars can break, and has a dialogue option that would display the tutorial for radars when selected.

NazzyDragon

Rookie
If they're gonna hide tutorials, I think that's the players' fault, not Crema's. I kept tutorials on as they didn't repeat ever and had useful info. I'm ok with the NPC explaining though, but people are just gonna button mash and not read anyways.

There could be a sign near the radar shopkeeper that brings up the tutorial for how radars work. Interact with it to bring up the tutorial when you want to see it.

I like the announced improvements. No more evolving encounters for luma collection completion, high spawn rate all around, not expiring so you can save it for when you have time another week, and cutting out the first hundred encounters that only exist to make radars tedious. Higher base luma chance will also be great for everyone.

On the broader subject, I'm especially looking forward to the upcoming announcement on changing how radars are obtained. I'm hoping it'll resemble my old thread on a radar shop including being able to get rare species radars again, the choice to get items instead of radars, and the choice of what radar you get rather than only being random.

Slightly off topic, I hope there's a cheap and common version of "Soulbinder" that can be used on non-lumas to help casual players adopt breedjects that are already hatched. This could also be useful for players capturing radar encounters that don't have good enough stats for breeding stock, but are already leveled up so casual players can skip that aspect of grinding a bit.

NazzyDragon

Rookie
Slightly off topic, I hope there's a cheap and common version of "Soulbinder" that can be used on non-lumas to help casual players adopt breedjects that are already hatched. This could also be useful for players capturing radar encounters that don't have good enough stats for breeding stock, but are already leveled up so casual players can skip that aspect of grinding a bit.
Yo. Make that a legit suggestion. Amazing idea for breeders to make a bit more cash.

Yo. Make that a legit suggestion. Amazing idea for breeders to make a bit more cash.

Done, over here:

Cheware

Tamer
In general, such mechanics should be explained by a quest making you go through the game mechanics once - and yes that includes Lairs.
For example a quest which ask you to grind with a one-time radar, showing you that it can break if you're defeating a non-radar Tem. Of course that would be a smaller radar (like 20 encounters) just for the general principle.

Tooltips, Tutos, all that are cool and dandy, but people won't read them