Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freeteming for Pansuns - Cipanku cycle - Sacred Lake - 0.7.2

Skar

Rookie
Greetings, everyone.

In this guide, I plan to provide what I think it's the best middle ground between super fast freeteming and hardcore Mimit freeteming.

This method is not the fastest way to complete your freetem quota, nor the most profitable, but it's a consistent way to maximize profit without devoting your whole week just to this activity.

I did a test run during this week, freeteming all the 440 temtems using this method, and the results are in line with what I was predicting in comparison of what I used during the Kisiwa cycle (Barafu Glacier with Mouflank and Kinu), where the time per stack remains almost the same (2 hours per stack) and the amount of pansuns increased significantly.

My first run of this gave me a total of 97,000 pansuns and I feel I could have reached 100k if I had more practice.

So, without further ado, I'll go straight to when, how, the team and later why and some Q&A. And as always, if you know a better place or a way to optimize this method, fell free to share it.

Where:
Sacred Lake: high level temtems with average/low capture rate (Cycrox and Nessla).

How:
Fishing: the density in this place is super low. You can go minutes without a single encounter, so fishing speed up the process by a lot.

Team (all 7svs):
Tortenite
Trait: Efficient (not a must, but helps a lot).
Gear: Lure.
Moveset: Glass Blade, Crystal Spikes, Cage and Nibble.
TVs: 500 atk, 102 sta (enough to reach 61 total stamina) and 308 hp.

Kinu
Trait: Benefactor.
Gear: Four-Leaf Clover.
Moveset: Beta Burst, Scracth, Lullaby and Hypnosis.
Tvs: 500 spatk and 500hp (you can remove some HP to increase your Stamina if you feel necessary).

Process:
The idea here is to drop the health of the tems to as low as possible to increase the capture success as much as possible and then apply trapped + asleep. This is an easy and safe combo to apply. It deals no damage and can be reapplied forever. Remember, every card broken is moneys loss and time wasted.

Always be aware of overexertion and learn to use it in your favor.

Vs Nessla:

Tortenite is the main dps here, start with Glass Blade and see how much damage it will do, if their HP and Def SVs are too high, their HP will still be orange and around 50%. In this case Nibble or Scratch the next turn and wait for them to overexert with a second Thunder Strike or Iced Stalactite. Never use Crystal Spikes against them, they will almost never survive it.
Level 55 to 60 Nesslas do not have any chance of surviving a 50 SV SPATK Crystal Spikes. A lvl 65 Nessla has a 11.84% survival rate. Definitely not worth trying indeed.

As Kinu, in case you find 2 Nesslas at the same time, Beta Burst the higher level one. Because of your high SPAtk you might KO low level ones if they have too low SVs.
A max TV SV Beta Burst causes a survival rate of 70% for lvl 55 Nesslas. Lvl 64 Nesslas can still die, but they have a 99.84% survival rate. Lvl 65 Nesslas are safe.
So, if you wanna be super careful not to lose the most profitable temtem here, you should avoid any Beta Burst. However, if you do, just as with Tortenite, watch their HP and if it's still too close to 50%, Scratch or Nibble it. If you drop their HP low enough (10%), they may reach 65% capture chance.

Be careful not to drop their HP too low too fast, if they get too low on HP and stamina, they will start spamming Stare, and the Alerted status not only prevents the Asleep status, but also decreases the capture chance by a lot. Lullaby is too slow, even if you put 500 on Speed, Nessla will still outspeed you most of the time, so you need to play smart and avoid this situation as much as possible, however, it will happen and this is why we have Hypnosis. In case the Nessla is stuck on a Stare loop, wait for Alerted to drop and use Hypnosis, you will be faster and will apply the asleep.

It is rare, but Nesslas may use Lightning Storm and it hurts Kinu a little. After a few hits, replace Hypnosis for Lifeful Sap for one battle and then switch Hypnosis back. It will be enough to bring Kinu back to full HP.

Vs Cycrox:
A lot easier to deal than Nessla. Just Beta Burst or Crystal Spikes them (prioritize Beta Burst), then check their HP to see if you need more. Depending on their SVs, you might need Nibble or Scratch or even both, and sometimes a Glass Blade. Again let then overexert with Wastewater, it helps a lot as they rarely can use more than 2.

Watch out for Meditation, as it applies Vigorized, which decreases the capture chance. If you drop their HP low enough (10%), they may reach 100% capture chance.

And that's pretty much how to do it. Drop health, Cage + Lullaby or Hypnosis, throw cards, in case of failure, reapply the debuffs and try again. You will need some personal experience to learn which move to use to drop their health to as low as possible without KOing them. The more you play, the better you will get.

Some numbers:
As mentioned before, it will take about 2 hours per stack and, of course, the more practice you have with this method, the faster it gets.

This week was my first run, and I managed to get all 440 tems in a little less than 6 stacks of 99 temcards. The first 4 stacks gave me an average of 17,200 pansuns each, then, my 5th stack was a little messy with Nesslas breaking cards a lot, so I ended up with only 15,200 pansuns. The final 6th stack gave me only about 12,500 pansun, but I only needed 60 tems, which means I didn't use all the 99 cards.

So, adding it all and rounding down, I got a total of 97,000 pansuns in 6 stacks. This is an average of 16,166 pansuns per stack. Not bad for a first try, as I was learning during the process. I'll try again next week (unless I get a good radar to freetem), and I'll update here with the new numbers, but I believe it's possible to break the 100k mark.

Extra Details:
Starting with Tortenite, it's the tank and will take very little damage from any attack from Nessla or Cycrox, to the point that Benefactor is all the sustain you need. No joke, my Tortenite was full hp for 99% of the time. It cannot be poisoned, because of its Toxic type, so you don't need to worry about being Doomed by Cycrox.

Kinu will take some damage sometimes, but Lifeful Sap will do the trick as mentioned above.

Asleep and Trapped is a very consistent and easy to apply combo, they deal no damage, so you don't need to worry about KOing the targets and wasting time. Asleep and Frozen are the status conditions that increase the capture chance the most, but, as far as I know, there is no easy way to consistently freeze a target and put it to sleep at the same time as you resist damage, deals damage and regain health.

Lullaby is very important here, because it enables a double capture in a single turn. Having both tems sleeping at the same time helps a lot, and with Hypnosis only, you might end up capturing one tem in the first card and missing the second one because of no asleep.

The closest mini-temporium is a little far from the Sacred Lake, but it's pretty much a straight line to there and there is a teleport point in front of it, but it costs money.

Q&A:
Q: Other methods are a lot faster, what's the point?
A: Pansuns per hour is an outdated metric. Since freetem was changed during the Koish patch and a hard cap was added, pansuns per card is a lot more relevant. Pansuns per hour is only important if you have little time to spend in Temtem. So, now, it's about how much money you can make per card.

Q: Why should I use this method instead of going for the super fast Scarawatt spot or the Anak Volcano (or whatever is the new Taifu spot)?
A: Ultimately, it's your choice what to do with your free time, but from my point of view, people rush freetem to get the rewards fast, most of the time, a Telomere Hack. However, now we can actively farm Telomere Hacks and Egg Technique Courses through lairs. But lairs are not free and they cost a good chunk of pansuns (2,500) and there are no guarantees that you will succeed or receive a TH or ETC as a reward. So, in my opinion, having money to run lairs is more important than the freetem rewards themselves. And you can also buy perfect tems to improve your freetem, radars and pvp experience.

Q: Then why not just freetem Mimits or radars?
A: First, you can't choose which radars you will get, and with the Sacred Lake spawning very juicy tems, very few radars are worth to freetem. Check the catch rate list here and order by it. Anything with 80 catch rate or lower is worth to freetem.
Now, about freeteming Mimits in the wild, I still have my doubts about it. Not only they are a 20% spawn rate, but they have the worst catch rate in the game (30), and the transforming trait makes things a little harder. So putting this all together it seems it will take a very long time to finish your freetem quota like this. I not even know if it's doable in 1 week, and you will probably do nothing else that week, but, hey, if you have the time to invest, go for it, it's going to be some big cash money (around 150k).

Q: I have little time to play temtem, is it really worth to go for this?
A: If you wish to get more money for whatever reason, you should go for this at least once in a while. It will give you enough money to not worry about freetem for a couple os weeks and just run lairs or buy some nice tems. It's a sacrifice that you can do now to have more free time later. But again, it's up to you.

Q: How much better this is in comparison with the old Taifu spot or the Scarawatt?
A: Taifu spot used to give around 10k pansuns per stack, the new Scarawatt spot give about the same, maybe a little less. The Anak Volcano spot gives more, but is a little tricky to get there and the mini temporium is very far. The Sacred Lake spot can spike at 17k per stack, it's 6k-7k more per stack. To give a better perspective, using the highest spawn levels:
  • Taifu (45) gives 118 pansuns;
  • Scarawatt (50) gives 110 pansuns;
  • Capyre (48) gives 150 pansuns;
  • Mastione (55) gives 169 pansuns;
  • Drakash (50) gives 155 pansuns;
  • Vulor (51) gives 158 pansuns;
  • Raize (50) gives 133 pansuns;
  • Mimit (52) gives 488 pansuns;
  • Cyckrox (65) gives 215 pansuns;
  • Nessla (65) gives 290 pansuns.
So, the difference is pretty significant, and adds up a lot by the end.

Q: Is it worth to go only for Nesslas since they give more pansuns than Cycrox?
A: Absolutely. However, Nessla spawn rate is only 40%, so you would be running from or KOing more than half of the tems you will find and Nesslas will break more cards, so, at the end, you will have to go back to refill cards more times and the total time to finish your freetem quota will increase quite a bit.

That's it for now. Thank you for reading, sorry for writing this much (I got a little carried away), and apologies for any weird english (it's not my best). Have a nice day, everyone.

Edit: typo.
Edit 2: a little more math, thx to Scyonite.
Edit 3: Patch 0.7.2 make things easier for this method. With the 2 extra levels, Tortenite and Kinu not only are tankier now, but also the extra damage they are doing speed up things a little. Quite a few times, I managed to bring the hp from both, Cycrox and Nessla, to red with a single attack, making it possible to capture at turn 3.

Of course, level 55 spawns with low SVs can be 1 shot a little more frequently now, so be aware.

Last edited:

Scyonite

Apprentice
Nice work!

Did some quick maffs for the survival rates.

Tortenite is the main dps here, start with Glass Blade and see how much damage it will do, if their HP and Def SVs are too high, their HP will still be orange and around 50%. In this case Nibble or Scratch the next turn and wait for them to overexert with a second Thunder Strike or Iced Stalactite. Never use Crystal Spikes against them, they will almost never survive it.
Level 55 to 60 Nesslas do not have any chance of surviving a 50 SV SPATK Crystal Spikes. A lvl 65 Nessla has a 11.84% survival rate. Definitely not worth trying indeed. With a 1 SV SPATK Tortenite all Nesslas will survive; from 17.4% at lvl 55 to 84.8% at level 65. Could be useful for higher level Nesslas, but you'd have to breed that in as well then.

As Kinu, in case you find 2 Nesslas at the same time, Beta Burst the higher level one. Because of your high SPAtk you might KO low level ones if they have too low SVs. And just as with Tortenite, watch their HP and if it's still too close to 50%, Scratch or Nibble it. If you drop their HP low enough (10%), they may reach 65% capture change.
A max TV SV Beta Burst causes a survival rate of 70% for lvl 55 Nesslas. Lvl 64 Nesslas can still die, but they have a 99.84% survival rate. Lvl 65 Nesslas are safe.

Skar

Rookie
Nice work!

Did some quick maffs for the survival rates.

Level 55 to 60 Nesslas do not have any chance of surviving a 50 SV SPATK Crystal Spikes. A lvl 65 Nessla has a 11.84% survival rate. Definitely not worth trying indeed. With a 1 SV SPATK Tortenite all Nesslas will survive; from 17.4% at lvl 55 to 84.8% at level 65. Could be useful for higher level Nesslas, but you'd have to breed that in as well then.

Thanks for the maffs, I added them to the main post. I only removed the 1 SV SPAtk Tortenite suggestion, because I don't think it's a good idea since most of the times you will face 2 Cycrox and you want Crystal Spike to deal damage.

Gami

Apprentice
Q: Other methods are a lot faster, what's the point?
A: Pansuns per hour is an outdated metric. Since freetem was changed during the Koish patch and a hard cap was added, pansuns per card is a lot more relevant. Pansuns per hour is only important if you have little time to spend in Temtem. So, now, it's about how much money you can make per card.

Q: Why should I use this method instead of going for the super fast Scarawatt spot or the Anak Volcano (or whatever is the new Taifu spot)?
A: Ultimately, it's your choice what to do with your free time, but from my point of view, people rush freetem to get the rewards fast, most of the time, a Telomere Hack. However, now we can actively farm Telomere Hacks and Egg Technique Courses through lairs. But lairs are not free and they cost a good chunk of pansuns (2,500) and there are no guarantees that you will succeed or receive a TH or ETC as a reward. So, in my opinion, having money to run lairs is more important than the freetem rewards themselves. And you can also buy perfect tems to improve your freetem, radars and pvp experience.
Just wanted to say that this method both gives less pansuns than mimit method and is slower than scarawatt method. Just wanted to clarify in case anyone was wondering which spot to do. So if you want to optimize pansuns/hour mimits are better and if you want to optimize catches/hour for freetem scarawatt is better. (probably, that spot is also less pansuns/hour than scarawatt)

Last edited:

Skar

Rookie
Just wanted to say that this method both gives less pansuns than mimit method and is slower than scarawatt method. Just wanted to clarify in case anyone was wondering which spot to do. So if you want to optimize pansuns/hour mimits are better and if you want to optimize catches/hour for freetem scarawatt is better.
Yes, thank you for the clarification.

As I said at the very beginning of the guide, this is supposed to be a middle ground between the super fast Scarawatt spot and the highly profitable Mimit spot. The Sacred Lake is for people that want a little more money, but don't have all the time of the world to sink in this game.
Greetings, everyone.

In this guide, I plan to provide what I think it's the best middle ground between super fast freeteming and hardcore Mimit freeteming.

This method is not the fastest way to complete your freetem quota, nor the most profitable, but it's a consistent way to maximize profit without devoting your whole week just to this activity.

Skar

Rookie
Just a quick update.

Patch 0.7.2 make things easier for this method. With the 2 extra levels, Tortenite and Kinu not only are tankier now, but also the extra damage they are doing speed up things a little. Quite a few times, I managed to bring the hp from both, Cycrox and Nessla, to red with a single attack, making it possible to capture at turn 3.

Of course, level 55 spawns with low SVs can be 1 shot a little more frequently now, so be aware.