Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got an innki radar, but....

Benirons

Rookie
Spawn rate is absolutely miserable. I heard/read somewhere that it was even worse and a recent patch increased it a bit while decreasing the odds of getting a rare radar.

For the sake of context, I returned with the cipanku update, so this is actually only my 2nd radar. My first one last week was a banapi one that I completed in over a dozen hours (caught 200 and above, so extra time). TBH it felt like a bloody chore not being able to do anything else past 50, or I risk it breaking. I sold my other 2 normal radars prompto, and have zero interest in doing another normal radar, ever. Im trying to catch every innki this time (they r much more valuable) and that of course adds time too. But man, it takes several minutes to get one of these buggers to appear, like wth? Y DOES THIS NEED TO TAKE FOR SO LONG?

Me wanting to attempt to catch all 400, plus the fact that spawn time is horrendously long likely means a full week's dedication to complete one radar and get to do NOTHING ELSE PVE wise. This needs to be addressed prompto. Just set a normal spawn rate for heaven's sake, we r customers, not sweatshop slaves. There is likely only a handful of rare radars being acquired each weak, so not like the game is getting flooded with luma innki's or whatever.

Much of this game yet suffers from insane grind fiesta that just needs to go for more general inclusiveness and enjoyment of the game. If it were up to me I'd take off a zero, so max 40 encounters and add a zero to luma multipliers. Only thing that changed is the amount of time it takes to complete the radar, everything else is the same statistically.

Cheware

Tamer
Y DOES THIS NEED TO TAKE FOR SO LONG?
5% Radars are the worst. If they're rare to get in the first place, I don't see why they should also take forever to do.
They're like that because of the "fail protection", where your radar can't break for the first 50. Fastest spawns would mean you can farm for your rares all week by breaking at 49.

But I agree that it's lame that a radar can take a full day to complete. Some solutions were already proposed on the forums but no changes so far.

Benirons

Rookie
"fail protection"
valid concern, which is y it needs to go... even on my 2nd use i realised how u can abuse it, especially for rares if u r not interested in completion... it needs to go and a warning for leaving radar encounter added in

then spawn rates can be looked at which need a very generous buff (again)

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
They're like that because of the "fail protection", where your radar can't break for the first 50. Fastest spawns would mean you can farm for your rares all week by breaking at 49.

But I agree that it's lame that a radar can take a full day to complete. Some solutions were already proposed on the forums but no changes so far.
That is such a bizarre idea. I didn't even know the fail protection was a thing until yesterday!

I think a fair idea to resolve the problem is to either remove fail protection outright (it's unnecessary) or specifically remove it for the "high-end" radars.

Eradqiel

Rookie
To give you my own impression... I already did a lot of Kinu's radar, and to be honest, it doesn't seems too long for me. I mean, yeah, you have to spend an entire day to do it. But... But.

It's a 5% Temtem. An already "rare" Temtem. Having a 5% as a Luma is supposed to be incredibly hard. Almost impossible. Yet, you can see a lot of Luma Kinu already. Realy a lot. (Too much.)
Plus, don't forget, Temtem is a MMORPG, things takes time. And... An entire day doesn't seems "too long" for me... I mean, have you already played another MMO ? Like, dropping that rare piece of stuff, or looting that 1% mount take months. Even years for some people. (5 years for me to have that freaking Astral Cloud Serpent, thanks Blizzard.)

So... Few hours... Is that realy "THAT" long ? For me, no. It's not.

People also complain a lot about doing some "Luma Hunting full odds". Like "Oh my god, you are doing Banapi on the Saipark ? But... It's only a x1 week... It's 1/10000, it's insane bro..."
Insane realy ? It's just taking ~30-40 hours for a Luma full odds (More or less, of course, depending of your luck heh). Yeah, it's wayyyy longer than a x4 week in the Saipark, but again, is that realy a long time for an MMO ? Everyone will have his own answer to that, but again, for me, it's not insanely long.

Don't forget the fact that Temtem is an MMO. ^^

Canvas

Rookie
Don't forget the fact that Temtem is an MMO. ^^
Just here to drop a truth bomb in the sense of the SOLE content in temtem requiring you to interact with another player being Lairs, i would call it an online service RPG with multiplayer optional content. NOT a MMO.

Lata

Rookie
Perhaps it has already been suggested, but I'd be content with it remaining slow for those first 50 to prevent abuse, but afterwards theres no reason to have to wait for spawns, the time investment should be you battling/catching them, not standing still and waiting.

Eradqiel

Rookie
@Canvas, maybe for now, Temtem doesn't have ALL the features that make it an actual MMO. It misses the Auction House and some of thoses stuff. But, it is an MMO. It was designed and developped as an MMO.

What is litteraly THE FIRST LINE you can read on the buying page, either on Discord and Steam ? "Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure."

So yeah, maybe it is a "truth bomb" but actualy, a lot of players have forgotten that simple fact. This game was designed as an MMORPG. And I'm sorry to disapoint you, but in an MMO, things takes time.

It takes time to collect Telomere Hack. It takes time to find the Egg Move Technique you want. It takes time to breed your perfect 7/7 Temtem. And it take even more time to "drop" the 0.01% Luma Temtem you want. Especialy if THAT Temtem is a 5% spawn rate.

So... I don't want to be harsh but... Stop whinning and complaining about things being too long in this game, because it's a freaking MMORPG and you won't have everything you want in an instant. You'll have to dedicate time to this game, in order to get rewarded. It's how it works.

Cheware

Tamer
So yeah, maybe it is a "truth bomb" but actualy, a lot of players have forgotten that simple fact. This game was designed as an MMORPG. And I'm sorry to disapoint you, but in an MMO, things takes time.

It takes time to collect Telomere Hack. It takes time to find the Egg Move Technique you want. It takes time to breed your perfect 7/7 Temtem. And it take even more time to "drop" the 0.01% Luma Temtem you want. Especialy if THAT Temtem is a 5% spawn rate.

So... I don't want to be harsh but... Stop whinning and complaining about things being too long in this game, because it's a freaking MMORPG and you won't have everything you want in an instant. You'll have to dedicate time to this game, in order to get rewarded. It's how it works.
I think you don't understand the difference between "something that takes a long time" and "something that takes a long, dreadful, boring time".
That Kinu Luma is rare ? Got it, that's the point. That Rare Radars are too deadful and mind-numbing is actually the biggest problem.

You compared to the MV's Cloud Serpent in WoW. Did you need to stay inside Mogushan Vaults for 500 hours doing nothing for it to drop ?
No, you played the game, you did something you committed yourself to (aka weekly grinding of MV, with some alts eventually), and most importantly, you had access to secondary stuff while doing it (Golds, transmog, whatever really).
In fact, MV's Cloud Serpent is at most a 20-minutes investment per week, travel to Pandaria included. Even if you play 10 alts, that's still what, 3 hours a week ? That's not 5 years of continous grinding.
While Luma hunting, especially with Radars, you do nothing, and if you don't get a Luma, you actually get nothing, nada, que dalle.

What is criticized here is not the fact Kinu Luma is rare. It's that the way to get a Kinu Luma is a totally un-enjoyable experience, that one would prefer watch his vegetables grow over doing.
Just because it's a MMO doesn't mean anything should take between 6 months and 6 millenia to complete, while being void of any sort of fun. What kind of argument is it ?
If a Kinu Radar took 40 hours to complete but it was 40 hours of extremely fun and engaging gameplay, I'm sure you wouldn't see that many complaints.

I would like to remind you one additional detail you might have missed. WoW has an interest in time-gating everything as much as they can, and this reason is the monthly subscription. We do not have such thing in Temtem. Hence why both game design and gameplay philosophy cannot ever compare.

Eradqiel

Rookie
I just took that "WoW exemple" just for an exemple. But I understand your point too tho'. Indeed, the radar system, which is basicly just "waiting, while watching a TV show on your second screen, and after like 20 minutes, kill 6 Kinu, and do it again" is a bit boring, I agree with that.

Y DOES THIS NEED TO TAKE FOR SO LONG?
But for what I read at the beginning, he was actualy complaining about the time. Not about the method itself. So, I answered about the "time it takes", not the method.

But I agree, Radars could be more fun. :)