Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I just got a Mimit radar. Completing it will be the equivalent of a full-time job

Cheware

Tamer
Again, someone else misses the point. They give you a radar for defeating a Dojo. Do they expect people not to use it? The only way to not feel like the game is wasting your time is to not play it. Bold strategy.
Radars main purpose is not to capture everything, it's to boost luma chances, which will be done in 6 times more quickly than what you stated initially.

I think you are missing the points of radars. Radars do not provide you with the only occasion to catch/release Tems, you can do that elsewhere, on Tems which are easier to catch, if you do not have time to do that on 30 Capture Rate Tems.
Your complaint would be valid if FreeTems was only feasible through Radar, which is not the case, as far as I know.

Anyway, I'm off, have fun.

Argurotoxus

Apprentice
Catching Mimit with normal cards is the mistake here I think.

The 10% radars are annoying but definitely not 40 hours worth of effort.

Catching them with Temcard+ or even Temcard++ will still net you a profit between the 1SVs you can sell to players/the rewards from Freetem and save some of your sanity. I'm not saying it's not too long still, but, it should be far better.

Disregarding this exact case though, I do agree that far too many activities in Temtem at the moment require a *massive* amount of time to complete. There's basically:

Dojo rematches which take about an hour and are very well designed (but only once a week :<)
Lairs which take 30-45 minutes and are really well designed.
Mailbox quests which takes ~5-10 minutes (maybe less now with teleport options) and are OK. Not very engaging but it's good effort:reward ratio.
Catching the 4/5 Koish which probably averages somewhere around 30 minutes-1 hour?

Then Freetem, common radars, and the 5/5 fish that immediately skip to like 5-8 hours.

Then Saipark, TV training a team, leveling a team, uncommon/rare radars, that take closer to 8-10 hours on the low end, 20 hours at the normal cap, and Saipark can all too easily consume 60+ hours of someone's time if they're really determined to find that luma.

At least TV training and leveling don't have a time constraint unlike all the rest, but unfortunately those are also the ones that are never ending.

Outside of rematches and lairs the rest of the content is either unengaging, extremely tedious, *very* time consuming, or some combniation of the 3. And rematches are only once a week, so, there's lairs. And PvP of course but that does require two of the other steps.

Kudos for rematches and Lairs since those are two of the newest additions so it's a positive trend. Plus leveling was made faster. Still not quite fast enough in my opinion but we also don't have endgame island yet so I'll hold out hope. But overall it's difficult to find the time to do the weekly activities in Temtem right now, especially if you're a typical player that can at most afford an hour or two a day.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the time investment for everything from Freetem on down the list get significantly cut.

For the life of me I'll never understand why so many people would prefer their tedious activities to require anywhere from 5-20 hours to complete rather than something like 3-10 (ten being the time to level and TV train a full team, we won't count Saipark since it's an entirely different topic with deeper issues).

TMTrainer

Game Moderator
Staff member
I mean, again we have the problem where you guys think "completing" a radar by knocking everything out gives an extra reward. It doesn't. You have to catch the Temtems to get Pansun.
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if you want to capture the most difficult and thus most profitable radar, it's going to take significantly more time. This is the only radar with this sort of time investment requirement.

Argurotoxus

Apprentice

I'm saying that if you want to capture the most difficult and thus most profitable radar, it's going to take significantly more time. This is the only radar with this sort of time investment requirement.
While I do agree a radar with such a high profit margin should take the most time, I don't think getting one of the most coveted radars in the game should ever be accompanied by a feeling of dread for how long it's going to take, nor should it take so long that players attempting it feel disdain toward the game or dislike playing the game because of how long and boring a task is.

If radars could both be:

1) Not time-bound so you didn't have to complete it in a week
2) Not lock you into a single task for the entire time it takes to complete

I would agree that the Mimit radar taking this long would be fair and fine. Players could dedicate an hour or two at a time to slowly knock it out over the course of weeks.

But since you gotta complete it within 1 week and you can't do anything else while you're trying to finish it, I think it's quite a bit much.

EDIT: I wanna be clear I'm not asking for radars to be either of those things. I think Mimit and the 5% radars are exceptions to typical radars here. I think overall I would definitely like radars better if they were like that, but I'm not trying to advocate for that right now. I only offered it as an example of how you can make a very long and boring task paletable in a game.

TMTrainer

Game Moderator
Staff member
While I do agree a radar with such a high profit margin should take the most time, I don't think getting one of the most coveted radars in the game should ever be accompanied by a feeling of dread for how long it's going to take, nor should it take so long that players attempting it feel disdain toward the game or dislike playing the game because of how long and boring a task is.

If radars could both be:

1) Not time-bound so you didn't have to complete it in a week
2) Not lock you into a single task for the entire time it takes to complete

I would agree that the Mimit radar taking this long would be fair and fine. Players could dedicate an hour or two at a time to slowly knock it out over the course of weeks.

But since you gotta complete it within 1 week and you can't do anything else while you're trying to finish it, I think it's quite a bit much.

EDIT: I wanna be clear I'm not asking for radars to be either of those things. I think Mimit and the 5% radars are exceptions to typical radars here. I think overall I would definitely like radars better if they were like that, but I'm not trying to advocate for that right now. I only offered it as an example of how you can make a very long and boring task paletable in a game.
This is all arguable, for sure, but I'm just questioning the OP about the logic they're using. Mimit radars are arguably the best radar atm for consistent value. Even if you FreeTem 1/4th of the Mimits it's massive, massive profit but requirest the most time investment, by far for a radar... even without a Luma it's massively profitable but Luma Mimit is also the most valuable luma fertility in the entire game. Whether it's unfun or not is an entirely different argument.

Argurotoxus

Apprentice
This is all arguable, for sure, but I'm just questioning the OP about the logic they're using. Mimit radars are arguably the best radar atm for consistent value. Even if you FreeTem 1/4th of the Mimits it's massive, massive profit but requirest the most time investment, by far for a radar... even without a Luma it's massively profitable but Luma Mimit is also the most valuable luma fertility in the entire game. Whether it's unfun or not is an entirely different argument.
I'll definitely agree with you on those points as well. Perhaps it's wrong of me to assume but my assumption that OP's concern about it taking 40 hours to gain the full reward from a Mimit radar was that it wasn't fun and that those 40 hours had to be given up in the same week. Though, I'd estimate it's closer to 20-25 if you use the better cards. I have no proof of that though. Regardless, even 20-25 hours seems high to me for a weekly task.

I wouldn't even enjoy 20-25 hours of PvP to gain a full reward from anything if I had to do it in one week. And I love PvP. I don't think any single task, even the most profitable one in the game, should require you to spend 20+ hours in a single week to get full value out of it. That's asking for a ton of time spent, even if it's the most rewarding thing in the game.

I understand the concept that you don't have to catch every one. I certainly wouldn't, I don't have that kind of time. But I'd definitely like it better if I could catch all of them in what I would consider a healthier amount of time. This is a task I'd say closer to 10 hours is probably fair.

Skar

Rookie
Hold on a second, if we are not supposed to capture radar temtems, except the lumas, then why they start spawning with increased levels, SVs and eventually evolve? Are we supposed to guess which ones have perfect SVs or all green stats just by looking at them?

It's not our fault that the devs decided to make some temtems a freetem gold mine. The spawn rates are still a big issue.

Not true at all. Shuine, Kinu, Innki and Oceara all have 40 or less catch rate, only 10 more than Mimit (30), so the amount of money they give is on par, however, they are all 5% radars, so not only they will take forever to capture, but also to spawn.

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
Hold on a second, if we are not supposed to capture radar temtems, except the lumas, then why they start spawning with increased levels, SVs and eventually evolve? Are we supposed to guess which ones have perfect SVs or all green stats just by looking at them?

It's not our fault that the devs decided to make some temtems a freetem gold mine. The spawn rates are still a big issue.

Not true at all. Shuine, Kinu, Innki and Oceara all have 40 or less catch rate, only 10 more than Mimit (30), so the amount of money they give is on par, however, they are all 5% radars, so not only they will take forever to capture, but also to spawn.
Just to add to this, from experience: Fact is Mimit is not the best value for money when it comes to freetem. Its catch rate is so low that even with 2 negative statuses and a Temcard++ your chances of catching it are below 20%. Your chances with anything less than that are sub-10%. These add up, and if you're using higher value cards, especially ++, you will wear our any profit from the Mimit within 6 failed attempts. And as all status effects are temporary and never last more than 4 turns, one can see how it'll be an issue.
Also, these are values I'm giving even if it's in the red. I double-checked on the catch rate calculator a few days ago, too.

Mimit is only the best by raw numbers. That ignores the reality that you will catch it on your first card exceptionally rarely, even in optimal conditions.

If Radars didn't intend for us to catch them all, they wouldn't command such a high time investment.

Matthias

Rookie
Arguing theoretical value seems to miss the point of the post. Are most players actually going to commit literal full-time job hours a week to complete a radar? Does it matter how many pansuns FreeTem will give if the radar is simply not done? The dread OP feels is warranted and radars need to be improved. I wouldn't care if a Mimit radar could give 1 million pansuns because:
  1. It would require an unreasonable amount of time for me to commit on a weekly deadline.
  2. The entire profit is based on FreeTem, an activity that is so atrociously boring that it warrants its own post on how bad it is to be considered a cornerstone of player money-making.

Fikule

Tamer
Arguing theoretical value seems to miss the point of the post. Are most players actually going to commit literal full-time job hours a week to complete a radar? Does it matter how many pansuns FreeTem will give if the radar is simply not done? The dread OP feels is warranted and radars need to be improved. I wouldn't care if a Mimit radar could give 1 million pansuns because:
  1. It would require an unreasonable amount of time for me to commit on a weekly deadline.
  2. The entire profit is based on FreeTem, an activity that is so atrociously boring that it warrants its own post on how bad it is to be considered a cornerstone of player money-making.
Perhaps OP should have booked a week off work in advance in case a Mimit Radar came up? Honestly, it's his own fault for choosing rent over Freetem

Gami

Apprentice
I have caught 8 mimit so far in 40 minutes, with the abysmal spawn rates and catch rates. With status conditions, it took me 50 Temcards to catch those 8 mimit. This week, with the data I have so far, if I want to complete this one radar, it will take me:

- At minimum 33 hours (2000 minutes), excluding time spent going back to a Temporium
- 2500 Temcards
- 26 trips to the Temporium to refill Temcards
- Seeing the Temcard animation "pop" after a spin 2000 to 10000 thousand times

A full time job in Canada is between 35 to 40 hours a week. To complete this single radar, it will be the equivalent of a full-time job.

Please revisit spawn rates, catch rates and radars in general. This is insane.
It is not the game fault that you dont catch them efficiently.

Leafsw0rd

Rookie
I think part of OP's point is that, with how unlikely Lumas are, the more grounded option for his mimit radar is to catch the faster rate of mimits for profit.

But it's a FOMO problem. He's got a great opportunity right now to make a lot of pansuns and maybe get a good Luma. However, to get the most out of his efforts, he has to run this one radar to completion. And, it being a radar and all, the highest potential value comes from the very end of it.

The usual suspects - the weekly radar lifespan and radar's inflexibility in general - don't give him the option to take it slow and enjoy the opportunity. His only two options are A: squeeze the life out of this while he can using every waking hour he's got to spare or B: let potentially thousands of pansuns slip through his fingers. That's not a fun choice to make.

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
Silber's not a troll, he's just blunt.

It's also the most pronounced example of what needs changing in how radars are currently implemented. I've argued on either side of this topic since they came out, but ultimately, the pressing point is that low spawn rate radars aren't fun and chew up too much time for their ROI.

Is there a clear-cut solution? No. Radar expiry can't be outright scrapped because it's a means of mitigating RMT account value. Cut down the number of spawns per radar and people miss out on potential catch/release value. The chief issue is time, but mitigating the amount of time a radar takes isn't easily doable without potentially breaking them.

Something that may be the start of a long term solution, though, is to have the expiry timer scale out slightly with rarity. One week is too short a period for something like a Mimit radar if you're working a respectable amount of hours a week, so why not make 4-5% radars expire fortnightly? If the amount of radars a person can hold is still capped at 3, there's still minimal value in stacking radars for account sale. Even one additional week's lease would make a massive difference to the amount of pressure people feel to complete higher-value radars. Couple that with the potential to save a radar or two for a dud week when you get nothing you actually want to complete and you've got something that's a lot more comfortable to do, with a lot less fear of missing out for not having the time to burn grinding it out.

Last edited:

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
It's also the most pronounced example of what needs changing in how radars are currently implemented. I've argued on either side of this topic since they came out, but ultimately, the pressing point is that low spawn rate radars aren't fun and chew up too much time for their ROI.

Is there a clear-cut solution? No. Radar expiry can't be outright scrapped because it's a means of mitigating RMT account value. Cut down the number of spawns per radar and people miss out on potential catch/release value. The chief issue is time, but mitigating the amount of time a radar takes isn't easily doable without potentially breaking them.

Something that may be the start of a long term solution, though, is to have the expiry timer scale out slightly with rarity. One week is too short a period for something like a Mimit radar if you're working a respectable amount of hours a week, so why not make 4-5% radars expire fortnightly? If the amount of radars a person can hold is still capped at 3, there's still minimal value in stacking radars for account sale. Even one additional week's lease would make a massive difference to the amount of pressure people feel to complete higher-value radars. Couple that with the potential to save a radar or two for a dud week when you get nothing you actually want to complete and you've got something that's a lot more comfortable to do, with a lot less fear of missing out for not having the time to burn grinding it out.
I say there should be other ways of dealing with RMT. Because as it stands the current methods are similar to things like Denuvo's "treat everyone like a pirate" approach to "combating" piracy.
All of these insane restrictions keep getting piled on supposedly to prevent RMT happening, when all it does is create a worse user experience.

Frankly I'm completely with the OP on this.
I got 2 5% radars this week, and in order to actually get anything good out of them, the amount of time I have to commit is rather high. I've been multitasking while doing it but that doesn't change the underlying problem. Just to get to 300 Kinu - while not actively catching them, I might add - took a total of about 8 hours, over half of which was just waiting for them to appear.

If I don't get a luma from the radar, then ultimately all I will have achieved is losing time. And a lot of time, at that. I don't blame anyone for deciding to try and catch everything on a 5% radar, because not only does the game prime you to do so with the stat boosts, but it's also the only way that you will be able to get anything out of a radar even if it doesn't yield lumas. Despite commanding so much time from you even without catching.
(And on that note, while you can multitask or play other games while doing a 5% radar, the game is unforgiving if you make a mistake, meaning the game is implicitly contradicting the idea of multitasking or doing anything that takes away absolute attention.)

Radars are already untradeable, so where does the RMT problem even come in?
Alternate solution: No expiry, you can only have 3 radars in your inventory + active (combined) at a time. Ergo even on a weekly reset you won't gain a new radar unless you have used up, broken, orsold the radars you currently have active/in your inventory.

I'm lucky, I have plenty of spare time on my hands. But many don't. And I agree with OP that it's not right for something people receive to be unusable because it demands so much time within 1 week. Especially when the sale price is so low, compared to what you could get by attempting it.

Fikule

Tamer
Just to get to 300 Kinu - while not actively catching them, I might add - took a total of about 8 hours, over half of which was just waiting for them to appear.
That's one easy tweak to radars. Knocking out a radar encounter could drastically reduce the time it takes another to appear.

You didn't gain anything from the encounter, so it's ok to just throw another right away.

Cheware

Tamer
Just to add to this, from experience: Fact is Mimit is not the best value for money when it comes to freetem. Its catch rate is so low that even with 2 negative statuses and a Temcard++ your chances of catching it are below 20%. Your chances with anything less than that are sub-10%. These add up, and if you're using higher value cards, especially ++, you will wear our any profit from the Mimit within 6 failed attempts. And as all status effects are temporary and never last more than 4 turns, one can see how it'll be an issue.
Also, these are values I'm giving even if it's in the red. I double-checked on the catch rate calculator a few days ago, too.

Mimit is only the best by raw numbers. That ignores the reality that you will catch it on your first card exceptionally rarely, even in optimal conditions.

If Radars didn't intend for us to catch them all, they wouldn't command such a high time investment.
Are you sure about your calculations ?
I quickly checked and unless I made a mistake in my fabulous excel table (which is likely due to my MSExcel skills !), capturing a Mimit :
- Level 70
- HP SV at 50 (so 209 Max HP)
- Capture Rate at 30
- TemCard++ rate (2.5)
- Asleep, frozen, or trap+poisoned for Akranox Kisiwa's standard (so 1.5 TSB)
- Accounting Four Leaf Clover (1.1)

Without hurting it I'm at a=28, hence b=34033, which amounts to roughly 20% chance of taming it per TemCard++ (12% for TemCard+ and 8 for TemCard). If you bring it to 20% HP (40/209) while keeping the 1.5 status multiplier, that bumps to 73% chance (44% TemCard+ and 29% TemCard).

Disclaimer: once again I may have made a mistake somewhere !
Edit: Ah yeah, found the calculator, my values are a bit different but the "below 20% assumption" you've made is if you don't lower Mimit's HP at all, which is not the best practice to capture Tems

Last edited:

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
Are you sure about your calculations ?
I quickly checked and unless I made a mistake in my fabulous excel table (which is likely due to my MSExcel skills !), capturing a Mimit :
- Level 70
- HP SV at 50 (so 209 Max HP)
- Capture Rate at 30
- TemCard++ rate (2.5)
- Asleep, frozen, or trap+poisoned for Akranox Kisiwa's standard (so 1.5 TSB)
- Accounting Four Leaf Clover (1.1)

Without hurting it I'm at a=28, hence b=34033, which amounts to roughly 20% chance of taming it per TemCard++ (12% for TemCard+ and 8 for TemCard). If you bring it to 20% HP (40/209) while keeping the 1.5 status multiplier, that bumps to 73% chance (44% TemCard+ and 29% TemCard).

Disclaimer: once again I may have made a mistake somewhere !
Edit: Ah yeah, found the calculator, my values are a bit different but the "below 20% assumption" you've made is if you don't lower Mimit's HP at all, which is not the best practice to capture Tems
my bad in that case. Though even so even without factoring in radars, my experience in Mimit hunting has been enough to suggest you won't make much money from them either way.

Cheware

Tamer
my bad in that case. Though even so even without factoring in radars, my experience in Mimit hunting has been enough to suggest you won't make much money from them either way.
Yeah, such low rates only means you'll spend somewhere between 1 and 15 cards every time. In the end, if you stick with TemCards, it will still be profitable (even 15 wasted TemCards means you'll make 300 pansuns from FreeTem), but in terms of Pansun/Hour, I don't know - probably better to spend 15 seconds capturing a 100-120 Pansun Taifu/Akranox/Scarawatt.

In the end, Mimit grinding becomes profitable only depending on 50s, which are a huge net gain. It can also be interesting if you intend to do the full FreeTem week with Mimits, but capturing 400+ will definitely eat most of your week.
To each their own, I guess. :p

Canvas

Rookie
It's up to the player to choose how to play , but Crema needs to understand how to respect players and the time they are willing to allocate.

Judging the possible earnings over actual gameplay and possible enjoyment will cost you,and already has, many a players. Radars need a rework and not a bandaid like a pity system. All these "optional" weekly things are tied to FOMO mechanics tighter than a free to pay mobile game in a hardly multiplayer game.

Instead of going out of your way and replying with the same message in 2 different ways @TMTrainer , i suggest trying to figure out the essence of why a person like them took the time, made a forum account, made a forum post and kept replying. If i were to name one, it's because they care for the game, for their time spent on said game, and themselves. Once all the people who still respect themselves leave this game, you'll have a truly wonderful community.

Hopefully Crema changes ways before that.

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
I say there should be other ways of dealing with RMT. Because as it stands the current methods are similar to things like Denuvo's "treat everyone like a pirate" approach to "combating" piracy.
All of these insane restrictions keep getting piled on supposedly to prevent RMT happening, when all it does is create a worse user experience.

Frankly I'm completely with the OP on this.
I got 2 5% radars this week, and in order to actually get anything good out of them, the amount of time I have to commit is rather high. I've been multitasking while doing it but that doesn't change the underlying problem. Just to get to 300 Kinu - while not actively catching them, I might add - took a total of about 8 hours, over half of which was just waiting for them to appear.

If I don't get a luma from the radar, then ultimately all I will have achieved is losing time. And a lot of time, at that. I don't blame anyone for deciding to try and catch everything on a 5% radar, because not only does the game prime you to do so with the stat boosts, but it's also the only way that you will be able to get anything out of a radar even if it doesn't yield lumas. Despite commanding so much time from you even without catching.
(And on that note, while you can multitask or play other games while doing a 5% radar, the game is unforgiving if you make a mistake, meaning the game is implicitly contradicting the idea of multitasking or doing anything that takes away absolute attention.)

Radars are already untradeable, so where does the RMT problem even come in?
Alternate solution: No expiry, you can only have 3 radars in your inventory + active (combined) at a time. Ergo even on a weekly reset you won't gain a new radar unless you have used up, broken, orsold the radars you currently have active/in your inventory.

I'm lucky, I have plenty of spare time on my hands. But many don't. And I agree with OP that it's not right for something people receive to be unusable because it demands so much time within 1 week. Especially when the sale price is so low, compared to what you could get by attempting it.
There most definitely should be. Where possible, what's necessary shouldn't impugn on what's fun. Sadly, though, effective countermeasures against RMT, botting and other means of cheating often require some degree of compromise in design to be effective.

That said, the radar limit is something I didn't initially think much on, and it's true that it heavily curtails the potential for abuse. Maybe the expiry timer isn't needed at all, as long as the radar limit remains fairly low.

TMTrainer

Game Moderator
Staff member
It's up to the player to choose how to play , but Crema needs to understand how to respect players and the time they are willing to allocate.

Judging the possible earnings over actual gameplay and possible enjoyment will cost you,and already has, many a players. Radars need a rework and not a bandaid like a pity system. All these "optional" weekly things are tied to FOMO mechanics tighter than a free to pay mobile game in a hardly multiplayer game.

Instead of going out of your way and replying with the same message in 2 different ways @TMTrainer , i suggest trying to figure out the essence of why a person like them took the time, made a forum account, made a forum post and kept replying. If i were to name one, it's because they care for the game, for their time spent on said game, and themselves. Once all the people who still respect themselves leave this game, you'll have a truly wonderful community.

Hopefully Crema changes ways before that.
If all you interpreted from my responses to this is that I basically don't care or I'm justifying radars being a certain way, then you don't know how I've operated on the forums.

I merely mentioned why they're like this and how it's mathematically justified as to why it takes so long. The OP wants to minmax, aka, take the longest but most potent route through a given process.

Telomere hacking a Temtem to perfection takes months of work... It's a minmaxing process. Becoming top 100 and beyond in this game requires refining a team and practice... Something players need to work on for weeks. Minmaxing a given mechanic in a game takes time and effort and work beyond the norm.

This radar can give potentially 6-8 weeks of dojo rematch money in less than a week's (less than 2 days total, 40 hours) worth of work if you put the full time and effort in catching every Mimit. That's huge time efficiency and huge rewards. The only argument here is FOMO, which is completely understandable but you also do not need to catch every Mimit. You do not need to play the game for 40 hours. You can catch half the Mimit and shrink your time down and still make huge money. This is all within your control. The pansuns you get do not get you an advantage over other players. You get to buy more Temtem quicker from other players or buy some cosmetics but what are you really missing out on for FOMO anxiety with regards to the pansuns? The most you'd miss out on is if you didn't complete the radar at all, because you'd never know if you got the luma... But this is a 20% (iirc) radar, and 5% radar only takes 15~ hours. Individually, a Mimit radar wouldn't take nearly as long.

As some examples, if you wanted to grind a dungeon or raid in an MMO for a piece of loot that's relatively good for you but not required, but it takes you a week of grinding and you're bored, why not... Just... wrap up what you're doing and go do something else in the game?

I'm not saying radars are a flawless system, mind you, but it's impossible to make systems in a game that reward minmaxing that are also 100%able casually. There will be a hard but rewarding route and a easy but quick route to a lot of systems in a ton of games, basically, and especially multiplayer ones... But you can even extend that to real life. The goal should be to find a route and method you have fun with... That hit your goals and aspersions with what you're doing. Not every method for an activity will resonate with every player.

Fikule

Tamer
This radar can give potentially 6-8 weeks of dojo rematch money in less than a week's (less than 2 days total, 40 hours) worth of work if you put the full time and effort in catching every Mimit. That's huge time efficiency and huge rewards.
Radars are already gated at 3 per week. I'm honestly astonished that you're playing down 40 hours out of 168 total hours in a week. I spend 56 of those sleeping, 45 of them working, 7 at the gym. That leaves me with 62 free hours. "not much" to be efficient with this is 2/3rds of all my spare time in the week. This is what people mean when they say your time isn't respected. At this point why are we even getting 3 radars?

and 5% radar only takes 15~ hours. Individually, a Mimit radar wouldn't take nearly as long.
This is still 1/4 of all my free time in a week. I'm glad you agree Radars aren't perfect, but the time they take is just ridiculous, even the "short" 4 hour ones. That's still basically an entire night doing an monotonous task. But at that point it's not a time issue, that's when the ridiculous times gives way to the gameplay.

As some examples, if you wanted to grind a dungeon or raid in an MMO for a piece of loot that's relatively good for you but not required, but it takes you a week of grinding and you're bored, why not... Just... wrap up what you're doing and go do something else in the game?
That's entirely possible.. in another game. In an MMO the loot isn't time-limited. If they do anything else, their "gear radar" doesn't break. And generally, a dungeon is a team effort with multiple variables that stimulates the player with each run lasting roughly an hour before boredom sets in. Radars gate off other content, demand your time before the reset, have no variance or stimulation and last between 4 and 40 hours with boredom setting in after roughly 5 minutes.

FrancoDN

Rookie
The game has more powerful temcards for a reason. Use them. Temcard++ would still be profitable.

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
The game has more powerful temcards for a reason. Use them. Temcard++ would still be profitable.
uh... no. Only if you caught them first try, and odds are you won't.

At the highest level on a radar, Mimit nets 641 pansuns. A Temcard++ costs 325. In other words, if you use more than one Temcard++ on a level 69 mimit, you lost money.

sawdomise

Rookie
uh... no. Only if you caught them first try, and odds are you won't.

At the highest level on a radar, Mimit nets 641 pansuns. A Temcard++ costs 325. In other words, if you use more than one Temcard++ on a level 69 mimit, you lost money.
Yup, that's exactly what is happening so far. Temcars are 10-20 per Mimit, Temcards+ 4-10, and Temcards++ are 1-4. The only reason I have the funds to complete this radar is because I got lucky and caught and sold some 5% Lumas over the year I've played this game.

Loving the "theoretical most money ever replies", I'm won't make any Pansun on this, for sure. Here's to hoping I get a Luma or someone to sell the 7 1x50 SVs I got so far.

100 down 300 to go.

Last edited: