Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I really don't think canceling the PS4 version was a good idea.

Moonie

Tamer
I know, we've already talked about it and it's probably too late for Crema to go back on the decision now, but I really can't stop thinking about it.

The Playstation 5 (which is currently the only console to have a version of Temtem) is experiencing serious problems of out of stock, in addition we are in a pandemic, some countries are going through an economic crisis.

In short, not everyone can buy a new console right now, and many don't intend to switch console anytime soon (and those who can buy a new console just can't do it because of a lack of stock), I saw that this caused many companies (not all of course) to revise their concepts and many of the games that would be exclusive only the new generation ended up becoming cross-gen possibly for fear of how it would affect sales, a good example of this it was Resident Evil Village that was announced as exclusive to the new generation soon after the rumor came out that Capcom would be considering launching for PS4 and Xbox One and finally, the game ended up winning a version for PS4 and Xbox One, even some games that were announced as exclusive to PS5 like SpiderMan: Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Horizon: Forbidden West ended up becoming cross-gen and only a few like Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart remained as exclusive because the PS4 simply wouldn't run the game without the SSD, but in general even Godfall will apparently win a PS4 version in the future.

PS: Not to mention that recently the PS4 reached the number of 115.9 million units sold, let's face it, it will take much longer in the situation we are in for the PS5 to have half of that installed base.

So, back to Temtem... I think it's too late for Crema to going back in the decision, I just wanted to give my opinion and I can't stop thinking about how it can affect Temtem's success at the moment, I really think that one of the worst decisions that Crema has taken until now to cancel the PS4 and Xbox One versions even more because here in Brazil I know many people who were waiting to be able to play it on these consoles (myself included) and ended up losing interest in the game because of that, I do not know when I will have a PS5 but luckily I intend to buy a Switch soon, the problem now is to know when Temtem will arrive on the Switch since version 1.0 will probably still take a while, I just hope that my interest in the game still be tall by then.

Moonie

Tamer
By the time full release gets here, stock issues won't be (shouldn't be) a problem unless Sony really screws the pooch. There is really no reason to be concerned about this.
You made a good point, but let's face it, if Temtem had been released for PS4 and PS5 as a crossgen game in Early Access at the same time in November 2020 ( like some games like Bugsnax did ) we would probably have a much more active playerbase in the game than we have now and Crema would likely have higher sales in the game than having it as a PS5 exclusive, people who owned a PS4 and didn't intend to migrate to PS5 anytime soon (or who just can't find the console or do not have the money to buy it) could buy the game and play it right now, when they were finally able to buy a PS5 or if the Temtem version for the PS4 was discontinued they would have time to migrate to the new console or another platform.

But as I said in the post, it's probably a little late to go back on the decision now (even if by some miracle Crema released Temtem for the PS4 I probably wouldn't buy it now because I wouldn't want to have to start from the beginning since I ended up with the PC version myself and the game still doesn't have a crossave. ), but urgh... just imagining that I could be playing the game on PS4 with my friends right now and seeing a lot more players active in the game makes me sad just to thinking.

I just hope that by the release of V1.0 all problems will be resolved and that Temtem will be a huge success.

Last edited:

Jay Winters

Rookie
I think this is being unfair to Crema, No one could expect the sales for the Ps5 to suddenly sell out so fast. Dont get me wrong, I wish it was out on the PS4 so i can have a 3rd alt by now. :ROFLMAO: But it makes sense for Crema to drop the last console, and just focus on the new ones since eventually people will move to the PS5 in due time, and it gives them pretty much a decade of just worrying about 3 platforms instead of 5. We just need to scold Sony and retailers for letting this situation get way too out of hand... And hope it gets easier to get a PS5 in the future.

Besides, the first year or two of a console tend to have issues that are ironed out in the second model of it. Like the PS4 Pro was for the PS4.

sparkyscrum

Rookie
I think this is being unfair to Crema, No one could expect the sales for the Ps5 to suddenly sell out so fast. Dont get me wrong, I wish it was out on the PS4 so i can have a 3rd alt by now. :ROFLMAO: But it makes sense for Crema to drop the last console, and just focus on the new ones since eventually people will move to the PS5 in due time, and it gives them pretty much a decade of just worrying about 3 platforms instead of 5. We just need to scold Sony and retailers for letting this situation get way too out of hand... And hope it gets easier to get a PS5 in the future.

Besides, the first year or two of a console tend to have issues that are ironed out in the second model of it. Like the PS4 Pro was for the PS4.
Not sure its really Sony’s fault with chip shortages affecting everything now from car production to mobiles to game consoles. Even Nintendo is warning its about to start facing chip shortages. That’s why Sony warned we have at least another year of struggling getting the PS5 into stores but people seem to be unaware they’ve been selling more PS5’s than PS4 initially so they are doing as such as they can already.

Moonie

Tamer
Not sure its really Sony’s fault with chip shortages affecting everything now from car production to mobiles to game consoles. Even Nintendo is warning its about to start facing chip shortages. That’s why Sony warned we have at least another year of struggling getting the PS5 into stores but people seem to be unaware they’ve been selling more PS5’s than PS4 initially so they are doing as such as they can already.
True, this is more the fault of the pandemic, companies were simply not prepared for this situation, the world is in chaos and in crisis and it ended up affecting the hardware industry in general as well.

I hope that at least in 2022 things can finally get better in general.

sparkyscrum

Rookie
True, this is more the fault of the pandemic, companies were simply not prepared for this situation, the world is in chaos and in crisis and it ended up affecting the hardware industry in general as well.

I hope that at least in 2022 things can finally get better in general.
It’s not just the pandemic but also trump’s trade war that caused issues. And both that and the pandemic were impossible to predict really especially how its very difficult to remove the human element from manufacturing completely.

Moonie

Tamer
It’s not just the pandemic but also trump’s trade war that caused issues. And both that and the pandemic were impossible to predict really especially how its very difficult to remove the human element from manufacturing completely.
I can't say much about this part since I live in Brazil, but I imagine that this must have influenced it in some way as well.

turbie

Rookie
I think, at the end of the day, selling on ps5 may be actually better in the long term than going back to ps4 when ps4 console, sooner or later, it's gonna start dying one by one since, you know, Sony isn't producing anymore of ps4. Even if they do miracle and port it back to ps4, it's probably gonna cost more to maintain a ps4 version (along with ps5 version) than just maintaining one version of the game (ps5 version) since it will have less and less ps4 users in, let's say, 5 years time.

Moonie

Tamer
I think, at the end of the day, selling on ps5 may be actually better in the long term than going back to ps4 when ps4 console, sooner or later, it's gonna start dying one by one since, you know, Sony isn't producing anymore of ps4. Even if they do miracle and port it back to ps4, it's probably gonna cost more to maintain a ps4 version (along with ps5 version) than just maintaining one version of the game (ps5 version) since it will have less and less ps4 users in, let's say, 5 years time.
In fact Sony still produces the PS4 ( only the PS4 Pro is descontinued, PS4 Slim is still sold because it is a low cost option for those who want to play ) and the console still has reasonably good sales (recently it even broke a record), but yes I understand your point.

As I said before it is too late for Crema to go back on the decision, my point in the post was more that if Temtem had been released as a crossgen game for PS4 and PS5 at the same time in November 2020 the game would probably have had much higher sales and it would have a bigger playerbase than it is now, a lot of people do not intend to migrate from one generation to another anytime soon and even those who want to migrate cannot find a console due to out of stock problems, if Temtem was released last year for the PS4 and PS5 like many other games, people who wanted to play it could buy and play now, until the PS4 starts to die or it is no longer profitable to keep it people would have enough time to migrate to the PS5 or another console ( Switch/Xbox ), for example, I played DC Universe Online on PS3 and played for several years, when it was discontinued for PS3 in 2017 it didn't affect me so much because I bought a PS4 one year later ( 2018 ).

In short, launching to PS4 last year would be beneficial, anyone who wanted to play could play even without having to buy a PS5 for now and even if it weren't a version that would last that long (which would be expected) people would have enough time to prepare to migrate to the new console anyway, for example, I had already bought Temtem on the PC, but I was looking forward to buying it again on the PS4 because I am a console player cancellation I ended up settling on playing only on the PC, I won't have the money to buy the PS5 anytime soon with the problems that the pandemic caused me (and even if I did, I just wouldn't find the console anyway) , I know a lot of people who are in the same situation, who were ready to buy the game on PS4 and play it now but ended up running out of options with the cancellation, I even know people who were completely discouraged by the game because of that.

In short, I don't think Crema can go back now, but I definitely don't think it was a good decision on Crema's part, in the end it only made it people who wanted to buy the game on the console not to buy and now have to wait for when the situation improves to finally have a console with the game. (and that if such people are still interested in the game until then)

PS: Sorry for the english.

turbie

Rookie
I'm not too sure if releasing on ps4 is actually beneficial outside of profit.

Game is still in Early Access, which means it's development could make it's minimum requirement higher (when 1.0 comes out) and for all I know, ps4 may not handle (at least the optimization part) just as well as ps5. In technical wise, ps5 could easily handle next gen games better than ps4 and since temtem already use up so much RAM usage on PC, it's already struggling for lower end computers. Let alone a console that have been sold since 2013.

PS4 may still be produced, but for how long? Sony's going to focus on full ps5 production sooner than later, regardless what happens to ps5's production in 2 years time.

In my opinion, i think releasing on PS5 is a good move, long term wise.

Moonie

Tamer
I'm not too sure if releasing on ps4 is actually beneficial outside of profit.

Game is still in Early Access, which means it's development could make it's minimum requirement higher (when 1.0 comes out) and for all I know, ps4 may not handle (at least the optimization part) just as well as ps5. In technical wise, ps5 could easily handle next gen games better than ps4 and since temtem already use up so much RAM usage on PC, it's already struggling for lower end computers. Let alone a console that have been sold since 2013.

PS4 may still be produced, but for how long? Sony's going to focus on full ps5 production sooner than later, regardless what happens to ps5's production in 2 years time.

In my opinion, i think releasing on PS5 is a good move, long term wise.
The game is still confirmed for the Nintendo Switch and Crema has already confirmed on Twitter several times that the game will come to him as soon as the game leaves Early-Acess on V.1.0 along with the Xbox versions, they even said that the game just didn't come before because the Switch does not accept games in Early Access.

The Nintendo Switch is much inferior in hardware compared to the PS4 (you can see this in the technical details of both consoles and in the multiplatforms present in both) and not to mention that the Switch usually has serious optimization problems when it comes to games made on the Unity engine, but still, Crema confirmed and intends to launch for the Nintendo Switch, if they are able to run Temtem on a console with inferior hardware like the Switch why could the PS4 not be able to handle it?, come on, even my PC can run and my PC sucks xD

And as I said before, if the game was released for the PS4 in 2020 alongside the PS5 the players who were looking forward to the PS4 version like me could buy it and play on the PS4 right now, even those who had already bought it on PC but prefer to play on a console could have bought (I am one of those cases by the way) and those who do not intend to change generation so soon or do not have the money to buy a PS5 or simply cannot find the console due to lack of stock could also play on PS4 right now, Sony has already said that it intends to keep PS4 exclusives until 2022 and beyond, Sony consoles are famous for having a long life, even the PS3 that had problems at launch managed to stand and receive games until 2016 (and Online games like DC Universe or Invokers remained active on the PS3 until 2017 ~ 2019, it's insane if you think about the PS4 being released in 2013 and still had games with active servers on the PS3 in 2019).

The PS4 will probably still be alive for a long time even more with the problems that the PS5 is facing at its launch (not to mention that it has become a low-cost option for those who want to play mainly here in Brazil), if Temtem had been launched last year for the platform more people could play, that would be more sales for Crema and a bigger playerbase in the game in general, even if Crema was not going to offer support for a long time until the PS4 was abandoned or unprofitable that already it would give PS4 players enough time to migrate to PS5 or another platform, I have a PS4 and planned to play Temtem on PS4, but obviously when Temtem was discontinued on PS4 I would play it on another platform (probably on Nintendo Switch because of the platform, but I need to wait until V1.0 for this first)

Again, I don’t think Crema can go back on the decision, she just lost the “Timing”, many people even gave up on Temtem or were discouraged with the game after canceling and launching the PS4 version after PS5 version would be weird, but as I said before I definitely think canceling the PS4 version and not launching it with the PS5 was a grotesque mistake, I can see that just by seeing how the game's base player didn't have no significant increase with the release of the PS5 version and how many people can't even afford to buy a PS5 due to pandemic problems, money or out of stock and the number of people I see upset by the cancellation of the Old-Gen version on Facebook, Playstation Channel on Youtube, friends and etc. The only thing I wish is that despite this Temtem is able to have a large player base and that when V1.0 finally comes out with the Nintendo Switch and Xbox versions it will be a success.

Arizito

Rookie
If you consider that even Sony backed off from the decision to make PS5 exclusives and decided that games like God of War: Ragnarok and the new Gran Turismo are going to be crossgen, even I'm starting to think that canceling the PS4 version was a bad idea, canceling the old gen version made some people angry and even maybe lost interest in the game, I think if they had released the PS4 version together with the PS5 version it would be great because of the reasons mentioned in the previous comment, those who don't have a PS5 could buy and enjoy the game and the game's playerbase would be much bigger. For the PS4 to starting become irrelevant it will take some time, that would be enough for people to enjoy the game on the last gen console and when the time came they would have enough time to prepare and migrate to a next-gen console.

There's a good reason why the PS4 still has games announced for 2022 or even 2023, we even saw online games like Knockout City or BomberMan R Online being released this year for the console, people just don't abandon their consoles that fast especially in more emerging countries, if you think about the PS3 and Xbox 360 received great games until 2016 and I'm talking about games like Persona 5, Rise of Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid V, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield Hardline, Guitar Hero Live and many others just because there was still people playing on these old consoles, and ignore a console with an installed base of over 100 million to focus on a console that is just getting started on the market is an extremely risky move especially in the current situation.

rupalimittra

Rookie
I know, we've already talked about it and it's probably too late for Crema to go back on the decision now, but I really can't stop thinking about it.

The Playstation 5 (which is currently the only console to have a version of Temtem) is experiencing serious problems of out of stock, in addition we are in a pandemic, some countries are going through an economic crisis.

In short, not everyone can buy a new console right now, and many don't intend to switch console anytime soon (and those who can buy a new console just can't do it because of a lack of stock), I saw that this caused many companies (not all of course) to revise their concepts and many of the games that would be exclusive only the new generation ended up becoming cross-gen possibly for fear of how it would affect sales, a good example of this it was Resident Evil Village that was announced as exclusive to the new generation soon after the rumor came out that Capcom would be considering launching for PS4 and Xbox One and finally, the game ended up winning a version for PS4 and Xbox One, even some games that were announced as exclusive to PS5 like SpiderMan: Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Horizon: Forbidden West ended up becoming cross-gen and only a few like Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart remained as exclusive because the PS4 simply wouldn't run the game without the SSD, but in general even Godfall will apparently win a PS4 version in the future employee tracking .

PS: Not to mention that recently the PS4 reached the number of 115.9 million units sold, let's face it, it will take much longer in the situation we are in for the PS5 to have half of that installed base.

So, back to Temtem... I think it's too late for Crema to going back in the decision, I just wanted to give my opinion and I can't stop thinking about how it can affect Temtem's success at the moment, I really think that one of the worst decisions that Crema has taken until now to cancel the PS4 and Xbox One versions even more because here in Brazil I know many people who were waiting to be able to play it on these consoles (myself included) and ended up losing interest in the game because of that, I do not know when I will have a PS5 but luckily I intend to buy a Switch soon, the problem now is to know when Temtem will arrive on the Switch since version 1.0 will probably still take a while, I just hope that my interest in the game still be tall by then.
Due to quarantine, Rich has been so lonely that it has come to the point where he started playing with himself.

It's frustrating not getting a shiny new PS5 or Series X but I'm not crying about it. All I've been doing thus far is ploughing through my backlog and planning ahead.

Moonie

Tamer
Due to quarantine, Rich has been so lonely that it has come to the point where he started playing with himself.

It's frustrating not getting a shiny new PS5 or Series X but I'm not crying about it. All I've been doing thus far is ploughing through my backlog and planning ahead.
Yes, I still have a lot to play on both PS4 and PC, I'm kind of sad that Temtem didn't make it to PS4 but at least I can still play it on my PC even if it's not ideal.

I don't intend to get a PS5 anytime soon (consoles here in Brazil are very expensive and as long as I don't have a good job I can't imagine buying one), but the PS4 still has a pile of releases ahead, as I said, even games like God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 turned out to be crossgen after all and apparently Godfall and DarkSouls Remakes are next on the list, so even if Temtem is never released for him I'll still have plenty to play for a while.

My point in the post was more frustration for people who were planning to play the game on PS4 and ended up losing interest on the game after the cancellation and also fear that Temtem will take a long time to have a large active playerbase (if it ever really does), no It's hard to deny that if the game had been released on the PS4 at the same time it came out on the PS5 we would have a much larger active playerbase than what we see now.