Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lets talk luma Tyranak...

YoMama

Rookie
Luma Tyranak, in my honest opinion, is too hard to get atm. It's a weekly encounter (well you get it from an egg but you get the idea) with a 1/10k chance: that's absurd. I have no problem with harder to get lumas, but I think there comes a point between hard and basically impossible. There's approximately only 52 weeks in a year, so 52 encounters per year, that's not even a quarter of odds let a lone a quart of a quarter of odds! That means if you'd want to even have a chance to reach odds, you'd need to do this for over 192 years (if my math is correct)! That's absolutely insane and impossible by the normal person. Now if I'm wrong on any of this please call me out on it, but as of right now this seems to be the case. My personal suggestions would either, if you wanna make it still untradeable: A.) Increase the odds, idk by how much but a pretty good amount I'd assume and/or b.) make it so you can't only get it once a week, maybe once an hour, maybe make it every time you defeat the mythical you get the egg? I don't know for sure and I'm obviously open to suggestions on what could be a better option, but in conclusion, again imho, luma Tyranak, from what it seems like, is pretty much impossible to get!

Thx a ton ~ YoMama aka OogoBooga on Temtem :)

Last edited:

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
Remember this is a legendary we're talking about. Luma legendaries should not, under any circumstances, be anything other than abhorrently difficult to acquire. It's meant to be impossible for the normal person - and pretty much everyone else.

That said, do we even know if it has a luma, at this stage?

Increased availability of eggs is unlikely to happen for the same reason; something needs to set it apart from other rares.

Abbi-Tato

Apprentice
I'm with wolfgarde on this one. Part of the reason I like temtem's implementation of a legendary better than pokemon is it's actually designed to be rare. In pokemon they just give away shiny legendaries over the internet and it really devalues them imo. If you have a perfect luma tyranak it's an incredibly special and amazing thing that you probably worked your ass off to get. the point of things being rare is to give them value and excitement, so keep tyranak as it is pls

shock

Apprentice
I don't have any issues with things being extremely rare, however my understanding is mythical temtem are untradeable. Not a big fan of them being both next to impossible to get, and not being able to trade for them. Its also pure rng, so its not like a skill symbol or anything

soliloquy

Rookie
I'm with wolfgarde on this one. Part of the reason I like temtem's implementation of a legendary better than pokemon is it's actually designed to be rare. In pokemon they just give away shiny legendaries over the internet and it really devalues them imo. If you have a perfect luma tyranak it's an incredibly special and amazing thing that you probably worked your ass off to get. the point of things being rare is to give them value and excitement, so keep tyranak as it is pls
I'm neither here nor there on the issue, but it's definitely not something you work your ass off to get. It's one-try-per-week pure RNG and untradeable. Who gets one and who doesn't is entirely a lottery.

Last edited:

Abbi-Tato

Apprentice
I'm neither here nor there on the issue, but it's definitely not something you work your ass off to get. It's one-try-per-week pure RNG and untradeable. Who gets one and who doesn't is entirely a lottery.
I was more talking about the perfect tyranak than the luma, I should've made that more clear. the amount of time it would take to either get one with close to or perfect stats, or get all the telomeres to hack it up certainly qualifies.

Nesamons

Rookie
My issue with luma being so rare is there's no counterplay, dedicated players and casual players have the same (horrible) chance. The average amount of time it'd take to get it would be 192 years per player. The lack of tradability also makes the luma worthless on the market if you do get it. If it has to be rare I don't see why it shouldn't be luma locked, or at least have a way to increase the odds, like what if you could do something in the lair to get a 1/1000 or 1/100 egg, even if every egg was 1/100 it'd take an average of 2 years. Something taking two years to achieve is already absurd for a game, and is already way more work than every other Temtem in the game. Something I think is worthy of a Mythical tem.

Cheware

Tamer
That means if you'd want to even have a chance to reach odds, you'd need to do this for over 192 years (if my math is correct)!
Or you'd need to do this once and got it. That's how probability works.

But you don't need to get it in Luma (if it even exists). If you live only to get Tyranak Luma, then you'll play for 192 years before getting it, even though I have no idea where this number is pulled from, as 10.000 tries on a 1/10.000 thing doesn't give you 100% chance to have seen it, but closer to 63% actually.

Anyway, in Tyranak's case, I think it should have been a Luma form by itself and that's it. Period, problem solved, all Tyranaks are Lumas, congratulations

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
To reiterate on Silber's earlier point: You don't need lumas. They are unnecessary to play and exist solely as novelty/trophy captures. To have that novelty/trophy status, they need to be rare. The rarer they are, the better you feel for having got one, and the less you can treat it like something to grind.

Lata

Rookie
To reiterate on Silber's earlier point: You don't need lumas.
I dont want to be confrontational but this concept of "You dont need lumas to play the game" is completely dependant on how you, the individual, think this game should be played. There are those that feel thier #1 end goal in this game is a completed lumapedia. To place in (3 total) lumas that realistically would take multiple lifetimes to get, tells those individuals that A) You need to be ok with getting 99% of your #1 goal. B) You need to change what you value about the game. Or C) go somewhere else.

And that kind of exclusion is still ok if you feel the concept of people liking the fact that some people have an insanley valuable status symbol outweighs the disappointment of never getting their 100% lumapedia. But imo I dont feel like it does.

I heard they are untradable. Imo changing that keeps them rare and grants the 100% lumapedia people and avenue to get one in thier lifetime. A win-win.

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
That's different from actually needing them to be viable ingame, though. The same argument could be applied to clothing and furniture. If your goal is to optimise how you or your house looks, then of course you're going to want those areas of content to be accessible and completeable within a certain timeframe. Unlike clothing and furniture, though, lumas are meant to be a product of incredible luck, and something that people generally just aren't going to want to part with because of the effort required to get them. I salute anyone going for a full book of lumas for qualifying for the highest masochism benchmark in the game - but I don't think that things should be changed to make that more achievable simply because it's a valid goal to have. Some things need the air of unattainability to be properly valuable.

I'm neither here nor there on the matter of tyranak being tradeable (one per week already gates its rarity nicely), given they can't breed. I think it's likely because Crema don't want it in free circulation for players who haven't cleared up to the point of unlocking lairs, and to limit RMT. But unless it's a cut above everything else in terms of performance, I don't really see it being tradeable as an issue.

GamerLegion

Rookie
I agree that luma tyranak is way too hard to get. I do agree that it should be rare to a certain extent but there's a difference between "rare" and "not realistically obtainable in your lifetime." I feel it would be a good thing to increase the chance for Tyranak to be luma. I'm not sure on what the exact numbers should be but it should be realistically obtainable within a reasonable timeframe for a veteran, dedicated player. The 2 year benchmark mentioned in the OP seems like a good place to start.

MrGamecbue17

Rookie
The only issue I see with Luma Tyranak is that Lumas overall have competitive implications with the guarantee SVs, however, that doesn't mean it should remain extremely impossible like it is now. It's theoretically possible once Fertility Essence is in the game, a Luma Fire or Nature Temtem could breed with Tyranak for better luma odds... but that's just a theory... at this point. If they don't want people breeding Tyranak, they'll most likely just remove its fertility tree or make it so you can't use Fertility Essence, which I think would be a bad move imo.

Devinup

Rookie
So I don't think luma tyranak should be common. That kind of defeats the purpose. But right now, probably only one or two people will ever get one (if you can even actually get one). I guess that's not a huge deal honestly, but what if there was a lowish chance to have one or both of the parents of the egg be luma and therefore a 1/1000 or even more rarely 1/100 chance for a luma from the egg? It still wouldn't happen often and it wouldn't be tradeable if you did get it so it wouldn't have a market impact. It would give you a reason to keep doing the lair each week though if you really want a luma. Right now a new tyranak egg is kind of worthless if you already have one. It could have marginally better stats but after you have several tyranak, what's the point?

Maybe it could be tied to some type of achievement. If all 5 players beat the boss and nobody uses a revive, then everyone gets a 1/1000 egg. Or maybe by getting 25 jewels instead of 18. Just spitballing.

Leafsw0rd

Rookie
I'll say this.

Assuming 1/10000 odds for a Luma tyranak, and the maximum being one per week.

There are 52-and-a-bit weeks in a year. Over 80 years, there is 4175 weeks, rounded up.
So let's do some math.

The method of calculating the chance of an event happening at least once is the formula 1-(1-e)^a, where e is the chance of the event occuring at least once and a is the number of events. In our case, e is 0.0001.

Chance of getting at least one LTyr in a number of weeks farming:
52: 0.519%
100: 0.995%
260: 2.567% - remember, this is FIVE YEARS OF GRINDING.
520 (10 years): 5.067%
1000 (just over 19 years): 9.517%
2000 (about 38.5 years): 18.128%
2600 (50 years, not counting leap years): 22.896% - note the diminishing returns. Early on, it was very close to being the number of weeks, but as time goes on it falls more and more behind.
3000: 25.919%
3500: 29.532%
4175 (80 years including leaps): 34.132%
5000: 39.348%
6389 - the same span of time as the life as the longest-lived person ever, Jeanne Calment: 47.214%

Even if you started from the week you were born and attempted this every week of your ENTIRE LIFE, you would not be able to break a better than 50% chance of getting a Luma Tyranak without breaking the world record for longest living human being.

Fikule

Tamer
Honestly, a 1/100 egg doesn't sound so bad to me. That would still take someone roughly 2 years of consistent Lairs to get the Luma.

But I'm honestly also fine with it staying at 1/10000

Another option is optional Lair Tokens that increase the odds, each adding a multiplier.

i.e. 1 Token = 2x, 2 Token = 3x.

So at say, 99 Tokens you get a 1/100 egg

You get tokens from each Lair equal to the amount of Gems ABOVE 18. So a 22/18 Lair gives 4 tokens (if you win).

You can then spend up to 99 tokens when entering a lair. If you lose.. they're just gone. So definitely bring an A-Game team for those.

This adds extra value to non-Tyranak Lairs and gives you increased (but still rare) Luma odds, IF you put the effort in. By making the amount of tokens equal to an excess, it also adds a "hard mode" to the Lair for more experienced players.

Last edited:

Canvas

Rookie
There is no reason to bring your A-game if you start the lair run with Pocus + Goolder and the 1st tamer has Grumvel,Tuvine and Momo.

RNG still dictates everything.

Cheware

Tamer
There is no reason to bring your A-game if you start the lair run with Pocus + Goolder and the 1st tamer has Grumvel,Tuvine and Momo.

RNG still dictates everything.
You don't know "pain" until you start with Tukai and your first encounter is Raignet + Zaobian

Fikule

Tamer
You don't know "pain" until you start with Tukai and your first encounter is Raignet + Zaobian
Not the hardest I've had, but my "favourite" was getting Tuwire against Digital teams. Too few Tems to not have him out first, so he kept neutralising them and still taking 2x damage himself.