Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Patch 0.7.2, how do you feel about it ?

Cheware

Tamer
Heya,

For those having missed it, it's there : Temtem 0.7.2 – Crema

Quite a lot of changes. No more non-OT FreeTem, no more 5/10%s radars (for how long ?), some serious balance passes (Fire Koish QL removed, Tornado on Gazuma, Gamma Burst...), and mainly the Fishing changes.

On my side I'm really happy with the Fishing changes which sounds definitely interesting. Basically MAX 2-3 hours for a guaranteed 5/5 ? I'm in !
A lot more disappointed by 5/10%s removal. I get the reason, but I feel there could have been other solutions than outright removal...

For balance passes, we'll see !

Gotta love the new login screen though. :)

Canvas

Rookie
The no more Freetem buying from other players is greatly discouraging me,honestly. I don't enjoy catch&release so i bought and released instead for the weeks i bothered doing so.

Most balance changes find me agreeing,but the biggest thing for me is being able to disable the wild battle flash animation.

Less eye strain and migraines after 11h workshifts? Yes,please.

Still,many decisions that i'm heavily doubtful as to WHY they happened.

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
Mostly good, but I have problems:

1) Crema is sticking to its guns over 5/10% radars and I feel this is the wrong move. WHen it's clear most people hate these radars, the solution should be "how do we make these better" not "where can we move them to instead". It's going to make the rich-poor no lifer/real lifer divide that much worse.

2) Crystal Chromeon getting crystal bite. Great for oree breeding but now an already low-tier Chromeon has lost an alright move in favour of a bad one that's physical, when Chromeon is a special attacker. Crema has effectively made a bad tem worse purely in the service of Oree breeding. Fire Koish got a new move with Cipanku when the others didn't - so why not just add Crystal Bite to crystal Chromeon's technique pool?

3) No freetem from non OT tem is a ridiculously stupid move. There will always be scammers in the game and you can't stop that. What this move has done is now make it so you're disincentivised to ever catch anything after you reach the cap, or disincentivise those without the time from even trying to do freetem at all. Once you reach the cap, nobody will want to buy anything else you catch unless it's a popular 1SV for breeding. So you basically won't want to fill up your limited temdeck space with things you get no benefit out of.

4) 2 new routes and no new tem to accompany them (mythical aside). This makes the routes feel superfluous and pointless.

5) I find the animated tem portraits to be distracting when in the temdeck and especially when switching tem. The animation catches your eye and distracts from strategic planning.

Coreship777

Rookie
I agree with almost everything on this patch, except the removal of 5% and 10% radars. This is terrible for us Luma Hunters, who actually own most of the tems aside from the 5% and 10%. Since there are no other chances of getting them atm the game is in a terrible state regarding to Luma Hunting.
One solution could be to place the 5% and 10% radars in the loot pool for lairs. That makes lairs more interesting for luma hunters and at the same time casual players can just do another lairs if not willing to do the radar. Another solution could be to trigger 5% radars by finishing the dojo rematch with the first try (same here: casual players won't be able to it normally, but experienced players still have the possibility to get it.
What do you think?

Ruanuku

Rookie
Limiting Freetem to OT only is a bit odd. It removes a player-created market with no gain or safeguard. Bots can still be used to complete the freetem for the week and farm the rewards. So will it really cut down on botting? If anything this is just another hit to multiplayer as now I can't work with my friends to hit the weekly. If the reward per Tem was increasing then maybe I can see it working out but even then Nah.

Removing and finding a new home for radars clearly doesn't fix the problems. It doesn't matter where they place them or how they reward them if the problems remain the radar will still suck. It seems to me that this just boils down to Crema being rather inflexible on RNG algorithms and possible Luma encounters.

I could do without the animated portraits tbh. Particularly when there is an obvious performance problem as listed on the patch notes. I do have concerns. If animated portraits alone cause such a performance issue what does that mean for the game as a greater whole? Are we looking at some potentially interesting content being discarded due to the limited performance window?

The new lair is eh. I haven't done a lair yet but from what I've seen of them I'm not really in any hurry.

Guaranteed Reward System. Love it! It adds some relief to an otherwise unforgiving RNG system. I hope this implementation proves to work well and possibly expand it to more RNG systems in the future.

Lastly pheromones. Min 20 SV looks good on paper however I think the point in game pheromones are rewarded needs to be reviewed. I can't recall picking up pheromones during the story when the min SV would be most helpful. The 20 SV is pointless when using pheromones to assist with catching breeding Tem as I don't need all stats to have 20.

Overall, not great but not terrible patch. I would like to see some attention placed on the side story experience. Stuff to do off to the side while playing the story. Currently, you pretty much need to reach the current "End Game" before anything becomes available or affordable.

Cheware

Tamer
After having played a bit, here is my point of view :

- New routes are nice. Quet'zal's one is really beautiful, and the one related to the lair is good, especially with all the "reverted" NPCs, it was really enjoyable to read the dialogues of every known NPC, especially General X :ROFLMAO:

- New lair is OK. I love the new Mythical design (and its entrance !), and the fact it has not one weakness but two makes the lair a lot more enjoyable in terms of team building, with more variety.
I don't know if the lowering of required Jewels from 18 to 17 is done on purpose, I hope it is...

- Radars... Big meh. Of course 5%s are a pain, but without those carrots, I'm a lot less interested in doing Rematches. I'll probably skip them (except Cipanku), I don't want to bother beating Tihani over and over again for like 30% chance Spriole, Kaku or Swali tbh
Additionally, as said above by @Ruanuku , moving them elsewhere won't solve their fundamental problem. They're boring to complete as Rematch reward, they'll be boring to complete wherever they put them.

- Balance : Did Akranox really need Mud Shower ? I mean, Akranox and Nidrasil are already Sasaya's strongest Tems despite being none of her dual type, now Akranox seems a bit too overpowered to me.

- Fishing: Perfect! Now it's a weekly activity taking at most ~4 hours (if you're really unlucky and need to reach the 4/5+500), which is great for such activity.

- FreeTem: this, I don't understand either. I didn't sell/buy FreeTem, but I can understand people who bought them, now that's an option that is gone forever. I also can't help my girlfriend anymore if she lacks a few by grinding for her. I can just tell her "too bad, good luck tho" now. That's rude in a MMORPG rofl

- Level cap to 72: Why not. I guess that will alleviate a bit the Stamina pain since 0.7.0 so I'll take that.

- Miscellaneous :
That Momo interaction is terrific! :love:
New login screens are great
The Monoliths... Ok, good addition for non-evolvable Lumas but come on, I got 6 already. I think I still prefer WYW Coins... Monoliths will be useless in no time if everyone can get one billion per week

GundamFlicker

Apprentice
Lastly pheromones. Min 20 SV looks good on paper however I think the point in game pheromones are rewarded needs to be reviewed. I can't recall picking up pheromones during the story when the min SV would be most helpful. The 20 SV is pointless when using pheromones to assist with catching breeding Tem as I don't need all stats to have 20.
I believe it works like radars. It's not "if STAT = >20, then set =20" but more of a "if STAT = >20, then reroll". Meaning pheromones act like a time-limited version of the 100+ encounters on a radar for a particularly evolutionary family.

shock

Apprentice
initial response is yay an update, and its only been like 6(?) weeks. The loot pool and koish changes are nice, maybe ill actually do koish for once. Their is a new lair which is nice. Then there are some other things that are nice but not really exciting, like animated icons. I hated 5% radars so glade to see something will happen there.

However alot of the things kinda left a bad after taste.
-max level increased by 2. So minor but need to train and rebalance tv. (yes i get it was so they could add new moves)
-removing radars with nothing to replace them
-new paths with no tem is rather unexciting
-new lair kinda splits the queues for people looking todo lairs. If the loot pools are the same it also kinda makes it annoying for not really any benefit

Ortegan

Rookie
I wish that Waspeen got crystal dust, but I'm fine with almost all of the changes. Unity doesn't seem to like this update so much, so I hope the crashing gets patched.

the_Lazarator

Rookie
I love most of this update, but even as someone who has criticized radars in general and not just 5 & 10% radars... completely removing them for the time being I don't believe was the right play.

Crema stated that the main reason for their removal was that many players considered them a punishment due to the time sink required to complete one, but Crema doesn't want to make radars take less time to complete so they'll just put them somewhere else down the line. That doesn't at all address why many players find 5 & 10% radars a punishment, it's not just that 8-10 hours to complete a radar is an insane amount of time, it's that all of those hours might lead to nothing! And no, I'm not advocating for guaranteed Lumas because I understand what that would do to the economy especially with 5 & 10% Tems, but Crema's refusal to just make rare radars take less time is honestly kinda baffling? Like yes, 8-10 hours for a 5% Luma is insanely good, if you get it. If you don't get it, which is statistically around an 80% chance, you've just spent 8-10 hours doing pretty mindless grinding for 0 reward, outside of maybe some nice SVs. So, to avoid oversaturating the market with Lumas by making radar Lumas guaranteed, but to not make those failed radars as much of time waster, it just makes sense for Radar time to be reduced, I mean what's even the difference between a radar taking 4 or 8 hours if the end result and required skill is the same? Basically nothing. If Radars weren't limited each week I could see reducing the time as an issue because some players could plow through more radars in a week than others and that could heavily skew the market, but Radars are already limited to 3/week so that's not an issue either really, so I still just do not understand why Crema is so opposed to just reducing the time it takes to complete one that they just removed the rare radars entirely for the time being.

But on a brighter note, I think the new changes to Koish Fishing make perfect sense, it is still a few hour sink for solid rewards, but even if you have the worst rng on planet Earth, not even being able to get a 4/5, you'll get the 5/5 in 1000 encounters max, excellent, that reduces so much headache and helps prevent those situations of players 13+ hours into their fishing excursions with nothing to show for it. Again, good update, still just very confused with Crema's take on the radar situation

Moonie

Tamer
I loved the animated portraits and the cool detail in the lobby background, I'm loving the attention to the little details that Crema is giving, it's just a shame that my PC is not that good, but as I intend to migrate to a console when V1.0 comes out (and I really hope it comes with a crossave), this is not a big problem for me, Pet the Dog is just adorable, I wonder if in the future we will be able to see other unique interactions for the Temtem, it would be interesting to put something like that for the starters.

As for the rest of the things, I am a casual player so it doesn’t affect me that mutch, but I agree with most here, removing the radars and No freetem from non OT seems like a bad move on the part of Crema and I really hope they come back in that decision, about the fishing system, i'm happy with the changes, i almost never fished before because i didn't like the way the system worked, i'll probably try to give it a new try now, I love so mutch the design of the new Mystical Temtem, this is really a great update in general for me.

Wolfguarde

Apprentice
The removal of 5-10% radars is one of the first real things I think I've seen Crema get wrong. I think more than their stated reasons, they're concerned at the volume of rare lumas showing up as a result of them being in the game, and that pulling them is an effort to slow market saturation. Let's be strictly honest. They're everywhere.
But pulling radars isn't really a solution. Some people are only regular because of them; I'd take them in their current form over them not being in the game period, because it gives me a reason to play beyond doing the weeklies. Pulling them is an antagonistic move, especially with the intervals between patches.

I'm legitimately sad to see Kinu get hard-nerfed so soon after the introduction of Tyranak, but it was going to happen one way or another. Too many people complaining, despite the relative ease of cornering it and removing it from play now. I would've liked to see Tyranak buffed to become competitively viable instead.

Pretty much everything else I like. This patch was unexpected, and brought a lot of good fixes, tweaks, and new additions to the game. Even just on paper fishing is looking like something that is actually doable now without wanting to brain yourself with a rusty rail spike. The pity mechanic on loot pools might wind up being too good, but it's definitely something that the game needs if RNG is to continue being Crema's chosen method of reward allocation. The pheremone buff makes them something desirable to seek out and acquire, as opposed to an occasional sweetener for redeeming WYW coins. The QoL changes around lairs/LFG are good. The Yowlar nerf wasn't horrible. One extremely strong variant of Koish is now a little less so, though I would've liked to see a priority-3 100+ power move or two taken out of their movelists instead.

Last edited:

Mooselovesme

Rookie
The good:
Petting my gold doggo
I like the new mythical, even if I hate doing lairs

The bad:
I don't like removing the 5% and 10% radars. Many weeks I will log in on Monday to do dojo rematches and get radars, and log in 1-2 times the rest of the week to do radars, and that's basically it for the week. I don't do pvp very much, so radars were basically my only reason to log in all week. Removing basically all the radars that are actually worth doing for me (pretty much any lumas that I'm interested to go for are 5% or 10% radars) means I basically have no reason to log into the game all week with their removal

Aeon

Apprentice
The rare radars were boring and flawed, but removing them entirely until they can be reworked at a later date is the wrong call.

Guaranteed loot pools is a great changed and I'm glad the feedback was listened to.

The fact Osuchi and Kuri (and many others) haven't gotten basic STAB attacks yet and we're now two patches into Cipanku is not cool at all.

Ski Gloves

Rookie
The pheromone/radar changes infuriate me. It's possible that the pheromones are supposed to be a replacement to radars for obtaining a rare Temtem, but they are even more miserable to use than the slow radars or just raw searching. I tried using Rhoulder pheromones and proceeded to find two Rhoulders before they wore off. That was 2000 Pansuns to encounter one extra Rhoulder. If my understanding is right, pheromones are time based as well. So if you want those rewards you're gonna have to go full throttle for the next 30 minutes with an optimal catching set-up, no fun allowed. If you do, you could possibly encounter a third Rhoulder!

I like radars for leisurely gathering freetem rewards and breeding stock, with the incidental chance of a Luma. Now the only way to gather low encounter rates is Koishing in the tall grass. Not fun.

Everything else in this patch though? It's been great!

Cheware

Tamer
The pheromone/radar changes infuriate me. It's possible that the pheromones are supposed to be a replacement to radars for obtaining a rare Temtem, but they are even more miserable to use than the slow radars or just raw searching. I tried using Rhoulder pheromones and proceeded to find two Rhoulders before they wore off. That was 2000 Pansuns to encounter one extra Rhoulder. If my understanding is right, pheromones are time based as well. So if you want those rewards you're gonna have to go full throttle for the next 30 minutes with an optimal catching set-up, no fun allowed. If you do, you could possibly encounter a third Rhoulder!
With this change, I feel like Pheromones should have changed from time-based to encounter-based. I have no idea how many, though, but say you activate the Rhoulder Phero, then it will increase the Rhoulder encounters until you have encountered 50? 100?

The new route in Quetzal should have something at the end of it to justify its existence. Having items sprinkled around doesn't count.

The new route in Cipanku is worse since it only exists as a maze to access the typed objects to activate the lair which isn't in the new route.

That was 2000 Pansuns to encounter one extra Rhoulder.
This is better than only getting one Rhoulder that has three single digit SVs.
Pheromones should have changed from time-based to encounter-based
I agree with this.

The new special earth attack is good on Mudrid. I don't know why Zizare, Kauren, and Garyo get it while Drakash, Grumper, Vulffy, and Akranox don't--not that I'd want to buff Vulffy more and Akranox finally got Mud Shower. Can Grumper at least get Dust Vortex?

I was hoping for Crystal Bite to be on a male divergent evolution from Chubee but instead crystal Chromeon got nerfed to be worse than its previous mediocrity. If not for Pupoise/Loatle, I wouldn't be surprised if nature Chromeon lost Resin Trap in exchange for Frond Whip so it only exists for Oree to get that egg technique.

Gazuma finally has a good wind attack. Now it needs a 2 hold electric attack to make Turbo Charge useful.

Zenoreth's stat buffs reminds me of how strange it is. Wrecked Farewell makes all its defensive buffs pointless. Channeler makes Zenoreth more of a glass cannon riding on Crystal Spikes having high priority to make up for Zenoreth's mediocre base speed, not that it'd matter much with full investment which abandons the need for defensive buffs anyway.

LuyiLuyi

Rookie
I've found the new Sacred Lake Route really great. I love the design, and the dialogs here. Sure it'll be interesting to get new tems here, but as for the design of the road it's great job for me.

The other in Tucma is nice too. But i'm joining with others, it should have a specific purpose, maybe a sidequest to get there, and / or new temtems.

I like the aspect, typing and story of the new mythical. I'm not sure why you're not making them as good as competitive tem but well, maybe they're not designed to this.

I'm disappointed for the 5/10% radar vanishing. But if they're going to come back in an interested way, well why not so i'll said it's okay-ish. (Some really interesting topic in "feedback / suggestions" about earning tokensto buy radar you choose instead of earning random radar)

Rework of fishing is great. I was doing only 4/5 each week and i've got my first 5/5! It's a good reason to fish knowing for sure you gonna have some results.

For OT locking freetem, i disagree. First, cause it was not an activity i wanted to do but i've managed to get enough money doing other stuffs (like breeding) to buying other players the tem i need. Maybe they were bot-user, maybe not i don't know. But essentially i think if you want Temtem to be a Massive Multiplayer Online game, why do you put so much restriction with OT ? I undersantd it could be problematic sometimes but was it for freetem ?

For all balancing decision, i'm not good at PvP so i'm not gonna says anything about changes except... i think maybe it's a bit to soon to making new changes after a big update like Cipanku. But as we are still Early Acces, maybe it's something we need to accept... Please after official release don't make balance changes too often and give us some time between each big modifications like this.

Even if i'm not happy about everything, i want to say you're making good job. Keep going and Thanks.

Cheware

Tamer
The new special earth attack is good on Mudrid. I don't know why Zizare, Kauren, and Garyo get it while Drakash, Grumper, Vulffy, and Akranox don't--not that I'd want to buff Vulffy more and Akranox finally got Mud Shower. Can Grumper at least get Dust Vortex?
I think the new Earth Attack has not been given the Special Attackers to not be too powerful (as it's a 0-hold high damage technique). I played around it with Zizare in Lairs, and even though I didn't do the math, I think it helps Zizare be somewhat useful at first turn (previously it was either Clinch or Sand Splatter...).

Akranox got a huge boost with Mud Shower, Drakash and Grumper already have correct Special earth attacks (despite Drakash requiring its EM to be more useful at turn 1).

---

Okay so that's one week now, and I'm completely skeptical on Monoliths. There was a problem during this Early Access, with the non-evolvable Tems that one could capture (especially with Radars). But, I mean, it was a slight inconvenience, that occurred what, twice a year ? You could be unlucky af and get a level 67 Luma Platox so yeah, the Monolith will help you. It can help evolve Azurocs without the need of trading your Tem away (can it ? didn't try).
It can have Breeding purposes (when one wants to Luma breed a Houchic with a water Tem, use two Monoliths and bam, level 1 Nagaise !)

But did we need to get two dozens Monolith a week ? :ROFLMAO:
I'm okay with occasional Monoliths in Postal Delivery or FreeTem. But why everywhere ? Why are they now the standard loot for any single activity ? At least WYW Coins had that gamble aspect that made one feel "well, maybe I'll get interesting stuff this time". Monoliths are "yeah, 1250 pansuns"-like.