Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spelling mistakes and typos [Other languages]

Wipesbild

Rookie
Hello,

here's a little typo in Info-Sheet of Temtem in German Language. Should be SPVER not PSVER

unknown.png

Wipesbild

Rookie
Hello again,

here's another typo i guess. Seems to be a mistake with the linking of the location in German Language. Wasn't sure if bug or typo.

unknown.png

Cayn

Rookie
unknown-18.png

Little typo in the German translation, it should be "benutze" instead of "benutzte"
(seen as a tooltip / hint within a battle)

Cayn

Rookie
unknown.png

"Loslassen" is not quite accurate in the German translation (because it's like you're holding it with your hand and 'let it go' so it can run away), better would be "Freilassen" (to let them 'free' = frei), this is also used in that other monster catching game for example

PS: What's funny is that if you click on "Loslassen" you're getting asked if you want to let it free (freilassen), so why don't just use this word in general for this option.

Last edited:

xwinno

Rookie
La traduccion de botanofobia creo que esta mal, en el juego dice que te hacen 50 por ciento menos de daño de naturaleza pero segun la wiki es al reves, y en las alphas de backers era asi que yo sepa, no se si cambio o algo.

Wipesbild

Rookie
unknown.png

Kinda odd sentence. Should be without the first comma. "Dieser Anfänger hier nervt mich erst ihm das Klettern beizubringen, dann ..."

(German Language)

Xuresai

Rookie
Typo in french version. Edit: Also a gender problem.
E2ioAEI.png

French version, not translated.
cunC6n2.png

Last edited:

Xuresai

Rookie
It looks like, when NPCs are referring to the player, they use both male and female form. Plus the problem with opening and closing brackets.
French version.
WdrpOXN.png

Edit :And I don't know if it is intended, but they talk to the player using "Vous", it is the plural form of "you", or a very polite form.

Last edited:

Wipesbild

Rookie
unknown.png

"Loslassen" is not quite accurate in the German translation (because it's like you're holding it with your hand and 'let it go' so it can run away), better would be "Freilassen" (to let them 'free' = frei), this is also used in that other monster catching game for example

PS: What's funny is that if you click on "Loslassen" you're getting asked if you want to let it free (freilassen), so why don't just use this word in general for this option.

Wouldn't "Release" be a better solution, would it?

Xuresai

Rookie
NPC with english sentences.
French version.
c3BPu3s.png

Akrythael

Rookie
After hearing many concerns from other french players I spoke with during the first sessions of play, I decided to change the language to french as well just to check the quality of the translation.

I'm sorry to tell this, but the french localization quality of the game is quite poor.

First, your character seems to be a late teenager (around 17), but everyone is talking to you in a very formal way in french (using the formal plural "vous" instead of singular "tu" for "you" most of the time).

In addition to this, there are many expressions or sentences wording that are either uncommon, old, too formal or completely off. Sometimes, there's a mix of formal and relaxed language that makes it very weird to read or even hard to understand.

Finally, attacks description are also affected. A short example with Nimble:

- Through rigorous training, Temtem can become extra fast and gain SPD ^.
- En suivant un entraînement rigoureux, un Temtem peut devenir très rapide. Octroie VIT ^.

Even if it is "ok" that the base sentence has been changed by adding a full stop before the SPD buff part (I myself wouldn't have been happy with a translator doing this when translating my own game though), "Octroie" from verb "Octroyer" ("Grant" or "Allocate" in english) is something super formal that is not used very often except for some specific cases involving government, social financial help or justice, or just when speaking in an overformal way for "fun".

Should have been:

- En suivant un entraînement rigoureux, un Temtem peut devenir très/extrêmement rapide et gagner/obtenir/recevoir VIT ^.

Also, "Octroie" has been used after adding a full stop to the description almost in every attack description involving a stat buff. The translator followed the same pattern for stat debuff in description by using a full stop then "Inflige SPD v." even if it was worded differently or even not at all present in the english version. Here, "Inflige" is ok though ("Inflicts" in english).

Just another example with Sparks:

- Nothing perks you up like a spark-up! SPATK ^.
- Rien de tel que des étincelles pour faire des étincelles ! Octroie ATQSP ^.

First, the repetition of "étincelles" here is ultra redundant, falls flat and feels uninspired/completely off. It just sounds like it was "Nothing like sparks to spark-up" in english. As you can see, it doesn't work. Also, here again, "Octroie" has been used event if it was not there in the english version.

Could have been:

- Rien de tel que des éclairs pour faire des étincelles ! ATQSP ^.
Or
- Rien de tel que des étincelles pour se dynamiser/tonifier ! ATQSP ^.

I've never worked with professional translators taking such liberty while translating, not sticking to the original version (and if it was the case, we would just quickly stop working with them and just take someone else).

Names seems to have a few misspelling ("Peck" => "Picoti", a french magazine for children, instead of "Picotis") in addition

Overall, it seems that texts have not been translated from english to french (or if it is, there has been a lot of liberty taken by the translator for the wording and structure of descriptions) and I don't think the translator is a french native speaker at all. And if they are... that's very underwhelming.

I just wanted to point this out so that you guys at Crema could know about it before you continue further with the translator/translation company, unaware of the situation early on.

EDIT: Removed the part about attack names being ok, it turns out to be disappointing as well here and there.

Last edited:

Ezzura

Rookie
german mistranslation
In this conversation with Zara there is an option to answer with "Mein... "Freund", Max." but she didn't mentioned that its my "Freund" Max.

8hwktnG.jpg

Last edited:

Akrythael

Rookie
Reporting also a "2-in-1" dialog issue:

5dc168651199beb8b830b60563153e2d-png.jpg

The text is too long or the dialog box is not stretching up enough for the text to be displayed correctly.

As you can see, it seems that there's a text "tag" remaining or missing from translation "Unique_Sophia".

Arnold0

Rookie
Hi, here's two small things (In French translation)
719cd81830.png

"un Temtem soit avoir été actif..." should be "un Temtem doit avoir été actif..." (Typo)

0c5ea1b489.png

Some kind of linking issue I guess ?

WoM

Rookie
Bonjour

Je fais partie de la petite équipe qui traduit Temtem en français.
Tout d'abord, il faut garder à l'esprit que, tout comme le jeu, la traduction est en cours de réalisation.
Un volume de mots très important a été traduit en un temps assez réduit et, comme pour toutes les autres langues, nous n'avons pas eu la possibilité de tester nos traductions en jeu avant la sortie publique. Ce que vous avez sous les yeux est donc un premier jet, qui demande à être affiné, complété et amélioré. Il faut aussi savoir que les traducteurs travaillent sur un fichier Excel avec des informations restreintes (peu de contexte sur la situation, dialogues parfois dans le désordre, pas d'image des personnages ou d'information sur leur âge...).

Overall, it seems that texts have not been translated from english to french (or if it is, there has been a lot of liberty taken by the translator for the wording and structure of descriptions) and I don't think the translator is a french native speaker at all.
Non seulement le traducteur est un français vivant en France, mais il a plus de 20 ans d'expérience dans la traduction de jeux, avec à son actif des titres allant de X-Wing Alliance à Black & White, en passant par Shovel Knight ou Papers, Please. Nous pensons sincèrement que le travail d'un traducteur est d'adapter un texte au rythme de la langue et à la culture locale, et pas de respecter la ponctuation du texte source. Nous prenons donc des libertés et faisons constamment des choix, qui peuvent être appréciés ou critiqués selon les personnes.

First, your character seems to be a late teenager (around 17), but everyone is talking to you in a very formal way in french (using the formal plural "vous" instead of singular "tu" for "you" most of the time).
Le choix du vouvoiement / tutoiement est toujours quelque chose d'assez personnel. L'âge du personnage principal n'est pas clairement explicité, mais il est suffisamment âgé pour partir de chez lui à l'aventure sans être accompagné. Il me semble assez logique, de manière générale, de vouvoyer un jeune adulte (qu'il ait17 ou 19 ans) que l'on ne connaît pas.

Even if it is "ok" that the base sentence has been changed by adding a full stop before the SPD buff part (I myself wouldn't have been happy with a translator doing this when translating my own game though), "Octroie" from verb "Octroyer" ("Grant" or "Allocate" in english) is something super formal that is not used very often except for some specific cases involving government, social financial help or justice, or just when speaking in an overformal way for "fun"..
L'emploi du verbe Octroyer dans les JdR et MMO est très courant. Vous le trouverez fréquemment dans World of Warcraft, Le Seigneur des Anneaux Online ou FF XIV (je peux vous envoyer des liens). Dans Temtem, un certain nombre des descriptions des techniques ont été modifées en anglais peu de temps avant la sortie, et nous avons essayé de séparer le texte "d'ambiance" de l'effet buff / debuff de gameplay pour plus de clarté pour les joueurs, et d'harmoniser un peu les différentes descriptions. Il est encore possible que ce choix évolue à l'avenir.

- Rien de tel que des étincelles pour faire des étincelles ! Octroie ATQSP ^..
Tentative de faire de l'humour en jouant sur le sens propre et le sens figuré d'une expression. Désolé que ça ne vous ait pas fait rire... :-/

Names seems to have a few misspelling ("Peck" => "Picoti", a french magazine for children, instead of "Picotis") in addition.
Oui, il reste sans aucun doute des fautes de frappe ou d'orthographe. Encore une fois, il s'agit d'accès anticipé et le temps accordé à la relecture a été très faible, pour ne pas dire inexistant. Mais de la même manière que les développeurs corrigent les bugs, nous continuons à travailler sur cette traduction pour la compléter, la corriger et l'améliorer.

Je suis désolé que vous lui trouviez aussi peu de qualités, elle a pourtant été réalisée avec soin et passion, au fil de plusieurs semaines de travail intense. Si les développeurs le souhaitent, nous sommes prêts à passer la main à d'autres traducteurs, mais pour le moment, notre objectif reste de peaufiner ce travail qui est encore "work in progress", et nous sommes toujours à l'écoute des avis des joueurs.

-------------------------------------------
Mise à jour juillet 2020 : pour diverses raisons, nous ne nous occupons plus de la traduction de Temtem. Inutile de nous contacter désormais pour toute correction ou modification des traductions actuelles ou à venir.

Last edited: