Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's your favorite Pokemon generation and why

Which Pokemon region is your favorite?

• 1: Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2: Johto

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 3: Hoenn

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • 4: Sinnoh

• 5: Unova

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 6: Kalos

• 7: Alola

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 8: Galar

• Total voters
You can also specify whether it's a remake.

I'll start: Gen5, especially the sequels (Black2/White2). These are notorious for having a massive postgame that I sunk hundreds of hours into. Being limited to new mons during the normal playthrough for BW1 was a fresh experience for playing through the game normally while BW2 felt like a cumulative gen1-5 game contained in a single region.

Last edited:

Aeon

Apprentice
Johto’s my favorite because it’s the only one where you can visit more than one region and the story doesn’t end until the high 80s. My ideal game would be HGSS with all of the Kanto dungeons like seafoam islands, mount moon, and power plant restored. One of the reasons why I got interested in this game was I thought each of the islands would be like a pokemon region and while that’s not really the case I still hope the game is successful enough to expand on each island post release with more routes and dungeons.

Johto’s creature designs are also consistent with Kanto’s classic pokemon designs - simple and iconic. While you can argue some of them are bland or too simple and the best designs are the more complicated ones from later generations, none of the classics are controversial or unlikeable like Vanniluxe or Klefki either.

Moonie

Tamer
Unova, in my opinion was GameFreak's apex, it has a special touch in the plot, the soundtrack, the mechanics and etc... unfortunately after this generation things only went downhill in my opinion.

One of the reasons why I got interested in this game was I thought each of the islands would be like a pokemon region and while that’s not really the case I still hope the game is successful enough to expand on each island post release with more routes and dungeons.
There was always talk among fans of a game that has multiple regions where you start with one region and move to the next without starting back at low levels. It'd be a nightmare to balance.

There could also be a single region game with mons across multiple generations encountered in the same areas. BW2 does this somewhat but there's usually about 2~4 species per area when there could easily be 6~8 in grass and 4~6 in water for a single route.

I was one of those gen2 players that basically only leveled my starter. The balance of available mons made a lot of the encounters pointless when I realized how weak they were.

Unova, in my opinion was GameFreak's apex

after this generation things only went downhill in my opinion.
From what I heard about gen5 it may have been a last hurrah for a lot of the team that knew they were going to be fired and replaced with cheaper labor on the lower rungs while replacing the management positions with more focus on preserving the value of the brand by sterilizing risks to the brand which includes innovation.

merder222

Rookie
for me Hoenn simply because it was the first gen i got one of the games legally and second favorite is Shinnoh because of my favorite gen 1 evolution magnezone or as i like using the nickname of I.F.O. or Identified Flying Object as a pun name :)

Scyonite

Apprentice
For me it's also Hoenn. I started playing in Kanto back when I was really little and didn't even understand English yet. The Johto games were already progressive in terms of development of the franchise. But when Hoenn hit.. man.. they new graphics, music, just everything really impressed me, and then add to the fact I was still an easily impressed little kid. Hoenn will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sometimes I revisit my old Pokemon games for nostalgia to see what holds my interest.

My Black2 has a lot of level 100s from doing Black Tower any time I felt like picking up my DS and doing some quick fights without dealing with the competitive subway. Do a few battles, save and come back later, eventually get to the end of a run and leave with the spoils of war. If this kind of feature gets added to Temtem we'll probably see a huge boom of the casual playerbase that only plays the campaign get into team building and possibly competitive from all the pansuns and experience along with practice battling various tems that use actual tech-sets.

The underground in gen4 is a fun minigame even if I don't have any use for the items anymore. Platinum is great for the postgame gym leader rematches, which I'm glad are implemented in a more challenging way in Temtem.

In my Alpha Sapphire the battle mansion is fun since team building is so much easier than previous generations in every way. Online trading for IV parents, horde battles for full EV training in a few minutes, and Blissey bases for hyperspeed level grinding made building a full team take only a few hours for all six at most. Weather teams may not be amazing after gen5's metagame but they go ridiculously far in battle mansion doubles and triples. Battle Institute is also good with a well built team in doubles for a quick few battles without risking my win streak in the mansion.

Where is temtem Gen 1 on this list???
One of the reasons I made this thread is to discuss what we enjoy about Pokemon and if we'd like to see that in Temtem. Each generation of Pokemon has a lot of unique elements, some left behind while others carry on.